Husqvarna 385xp fuel tank vent question?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob066

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
On my Husqvarna 385 the fuel tank vent started to leak. When I removed the tank vent The white plastic tube that goes into the tank came out with almost no effort. I had bought a new tube and elbow that goes into the tube. When I put the new tube into the tank it went in again with almost no effort. Even with the new vent tube in it is still leaking fuel. My question is, is there some kind of sealer I can use on the tube to stop it from leaking fuel? Thanks in advance ROB

Hi Rob, Does your vent look like this, a very common part on many Husky saws. If so the problem is the poor design on Husqvarna's part, plastic to plastic press fit?? Why?? They should of incorporated an o-ring in there for proper sealing. I'm told that the problem is that over the course of many hours of use and vibration, the press fit becomes worn and is no longer tight as you have observed. What Husqvarna should of done at the very least was make the replacement part slightly oversized so that it becomes a tight press fit again. Anyway, what I did was install my own o-ring (came out of a Holley carb rebuild kit I had laying around, the measurements I can get you if need be) over the middle step then forced the tube with the o-ring down the hole. Very tight fit and no more leaks. Hope this helps. Steve

ps. I bought a replacement tube too and it was looser than the original, go figure.

B35hZwBGkKGrHqRhE73McIRQBMnhTQVew_12.jpg

Back