Husqvarna 394 basket case build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swagetastic

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
New member here I have been wondering around here for a while and finally decided to join in.

I got a set of 394 cases of eBay with a crank straight gassed piston and bad crank bearings. I have been slowly working on building it into a saw again. So far I have purchased the carb saddle, new crank bearings and seals 58mm cylinder piston kit, gasket kit, oil pump, and some assorted bolts screws etc.

I will try to keep updating on here progress of the build and posting a few pictures. I was hoping to get some input from others here and was also hoping some of you may have some parts you would be willing to part with along the way.

Thanks everyone!IMG_20160819_233846025.jpg

Got the new crank bearings and seals installed and the cases put back together. Trimmed the case gasket all set for the new top end!

Attachments

• IMG_20160917_210345669.jpg
    IMG_20160917_210345669.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 13
IMG_20170212_104659789.jpg IMG_20170212_105126285.jpg got some more work done on the basket case! Big thanks to Dustin Hommy and Redbull660 for hooking me up with some parts to keep the ball rolling on this project. More progress to come soon

Thanks Mattyo, I actually did watch all your 394 build videos! Loved them very informative. I'll send you a pm with some goodies I'm looking for thanks for the offer!

Does anyone know a good way to protect the bottom of these saws? Also does anyone know a good place to get the Husqvarna orange touch-up paint or a good match? Thanks!

I know there is a guy here that does powdercoating.... but likely would involve you splitting the case again.

Protect the bottom of the saws? what specifically are you trying to protect, and what from?

pm replied... best of luck! looking good so far!

The bottom of the cases seem like they get scuffed up pretty bad was wondering if anyone makes some kind of skid plate to protect the bottom of the saw. Thanks for the quick response!

not that i know of, but if you come up with one let everyone know!

most of these 394 were really really beat up during their lives. an expensive saw just tossed around... ridden hard and put away wet. its a job to bring them back to life.

Thanks Mattyo, I actually did watch all your 394 build videos! Loved them very informative. I'll send you a pm with some goodies I'm looking for thanks for the offer!

Does anyone know a good way to protect the bottom of these saws? Also does anyone know a good place to get the Husqvarna orange touch-up paint or a good match? Thanks!
I believe I saw Husqvarna orange paint at Lowe's or Menards made by Rust-Oleum.

Latest posts

Back