husqvarna 440-XTORQ (REVIEW BY- LOGGER)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a 440e for two years now and it's done a lot of work. It's great saw for small wood and limbing. I love the tooless chain tensioner as well and have never had a problem with it. I find it's faster and easier to swap bars/chains on this saw than on my ms290.

I see this thread hasn't been added to in almost 5 years...time for an update!

It was with a heavy heart that I decided to retire my John Deere CS-40 after 17 years of faithful use...despite me not quite always doing the right thing with it as far as "long term storage". Deere stopped making parts of it 10 years ago and I think it needs a new carburetor. Bought the 440e as a replacement. I do have a question about this saw...the chain tensioner wheel does not loosen by hand out of the box and I don't want to risk breaking it off....any ideas on loosening it? I see two holes for a spanner wrench but it didn't come with one.

I see this thread hasn't been added to in almost 5 years...time for an update!

It was with a heavy heart that I decided to retire my John Deere CS-40 after 17 years of faithful use...despite me not quite always doing the right thing with it as far as "long term storage". Deere stopped making parts of it 10 years ago and I think it needs a new carburetor. Bought the 440e as a replacement. I do have a question about this saw...the chain tensioner wheel does not loosen by hand out of the box and I don't want to risk breaking it off....any ideas on loosening it? I see two holes for a spanner wrench but it didn't come with one.
The JD CS40 is actually a Efco. Here is a thread about it.
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/john-deere-cs40-chainsaw.3340/

Being as it has a high compression rate, would it be kosher to run some 110 octane racing fuel?
Totally senseless in all saws, irrespective of their compression rate. Maybe in some highly modified saws it might be an option, but for production line stuff senseless. There have been a few threads over the years on this topic.

Latest posts

Back