• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 51 w/Bars & Chains (Updated)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S Tebo

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I recently bought this 51 for my father to replace one of the saws that were stolen from him late last fall. By the time that I found and completed the deal on this saw, my father had already begun to replace the stolen saws with his insurance money. I already have a nice 55 so it would be redundant for me to keep this 51 and there are some other saws that I have an interest in. I bought the 51 from well know and well respected member Howard @Hows57. Before selling it to me, Howard had gone through the saw, trimmed the limiters and added a new air filter and .325 7pin rim. I ran the saw one time to tune it for the east coast/my elevation and it runs great as expected. The saw will come with two bars and chains. A new Husky 18” .325 .050 bar & used chain (bar was only used for tune cuts and the chain is ¼ used and sharp) and a Husky 20” .325 .050 bar & used chain (bar is true and has been refinished and the chain is ½ used and sharp). If someone is interested in PHO, we can work that out too.

There is some very light vertical scoring on the left side of the piston, but the machine marks are still clearly visible as are the manufacture stamps on the piston crown (the large vertical line on the piston face is the sun’s reflection). There is no transfer and the cylinder looks perfect from both sides. Cold Compression is at 140 psi and my gauge reads about 7-10 psi low when compared to other people’s gauge readings on my saws. There is a small amount of chain rash on the lower corner of the case/guide and a small amount of exhaust pitting on the clutch cover. Otherwise, the saw is in pretty nice shape overall. I am asking $325 (with the bars & chains) and I will split the shipping costs to the lower 48. I paid more than $200 PHO w/coast to coast shipping costs. So with the added bars & chains and splitting the shipping costs, I am not profiting on this saw, but rather passing along the same great deal that I received. I have a lot more experience at buying saws than selling them, so if you have any questions- don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Scott

IMG_5088.JPG IMG_5087.JPG IMG_5037.JPG IMG_5089.JPG IMG_5091.JPG

For those that may have bars & chains already, PHO for $250 plus actual shipping costs. If you have a business address I can ship to, I get a pretty good corporate discount w/FedEx.

Okay Gentleman (and I use that term loosely), Last Call for Alcohol... Saw and the one 20” refurbished bar & one used/sharp chain shipped to lower 48 for $250. Beyond that I’d be taking a loss on a really nice saw that I have owned for less than 30 days. So I might as well just keep it at that point.

Cheers,
Scott

Over the weekend, I picked up this 357xp from Keith @psuiewalsh after it got his Super Sport treatment:). So now this nice 51 needs to find a new home more than ever. I'm open to reasonable offers. If it works out, great. If not, then no harm done. Send them via PM please.

Thanks,
Scott
IMG_5133.JPG IMG_5132.JPG

Thanks Wayne! I still love running that 038 and 044. They put a smile on my face every time I pick them up. How are things out your way these days?

Latest posts

Back