Husqvarna 550xp vs echo cs490

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, wouldn't be the first time I missed something new on the market. I haven't been in a saw shop in a couple months, and I like it that way.
Just applying some sawtroll specs/info to the situation. They call me a troll also because we live "under the Mackinac bridge" in the lower peninsula.
Nice video also, though that thing was ripping pretty hard for a 555 lol. Seems to have a lot of grunt (torque).

The 555 was ok but for 5cc more the Echo hauls the mail. I don't feel much "in the hand" weight and has a way better powerband (kinda the point of my consistent liking of Echo for the $)... also the Echo does great with a 27" bar, the performance drop on the 562XP was notable going from 20" to 24" so I couldn't see it getting beeter with a 27'28" bar. Again, all just my person thoughts/observations etc.

Regardless how fast your 550xp (3.75 hp) might cut, Stihl has the MS261 rated a 4 hp and the Echo CS500es is rated at 2.91 hp and yet they cut dead even. So much for published HP numbers Steve

A great example of what you've been saying for quite some time now...published HP numbers don't mean ****, contrary to the crap that SawTurd and Haddick would have us believe.

Wait hold the presses!
Not true - but they don't tell the full story.
Then why do you base so much of your agenda on hp rating and weight specs if they can not tell the full story. Then your drum has no head to beat.
Again if so many variables make it a mute point then no reason to disregard any other saw for someone else's uses.

Husky, Stihl, Dolmar and yes Echo make great saws. I personally think Husky and Dolmar fit my personal needs best, so that's what I choose to own. If echo fits the bill for some, more power to ya, but the only one I see throwing out opinion over facts and mixing in some un called for slurs are the echo fan boys. Oh yea just in case I offended anybody else I better add Shinis, macs, poulans, efco, etc to the list of great saws.:sucks::givebeer::givebeer:

Seems to me the Stihl and Husky fan boys are the ones that get bent out of shape every time another good saw comes along. . So bad they have to make excuses when Echo saws cut right with Stihl and Husky best saws on quite a few vids. Steve

Back