Husqvarna 562xp & 60cc saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearcat22lr

just some guy that burns wood
Reaction score
I'm going to buy my first Pro saw before fall. I thought at first a 70cc saw to compliment my Jonsered 2255 (455 Rancher) but now I am leaning towards the 562 xp or xpg if I can find one. Less expensive, less weight. I would like to run a 24 inch bar occasionally.
The 2255 is a 55cc saw but as you all know there is a significant jump in HP in the pro saws so my thinking is the 562 would be a nice step up. The Jonsered has performed for me great, Farm/Ranch saws don't get much love here, but mine has been a great saw for what I do. That said when I happen across bigger stuff which seems to be pretty regularly , the wood people usually pass up I feel like I am asking a bit much of my red friend. Any thoughts about the 562xp would be great. Thank you in advance.

You can't go wrong with a 562 xp. But if you like Jonsered maybe take a look at a 2260. It offers the same outstanding performance as the 562, but comes in small mount and just a little lighter.

With a 562 I doubt you would use your jonsered much. Pro 60cc saws get mixed feelings some guys think , might as well go 70cc. I myself think 60cc is a almost perfect size/ power/ versital saw.

the 562/2260 are both nice.. most people ner need a larger saw ... I have the jonsered version ............ a dolmar/Makita 6100/6400 series is a alternative choice also less $ ...... and I hear the stihl 361/362 series saws are also a viable choice ck out @fordf150 for the dolmar and @spike60 for the jonsered/Husqvarna both great to deal with ....:) you may also find the jonsered version is less $ and as stated earlyier in this post a tad lighter and better looking:)

Attachments

• 20170208_183019_resized.jpg
    20170208_183019_resized.jpg
    881.3 KB · Views: 53
Isn't the 2260 the husky 460 rancher in red? And not a pro saw?

Nope, it's basically a 560xp (which isn't available in the US) in red. The 560 is a 562xp but set up for small mount bars instead of large mount. There might be other small differences.

Cool thanks will it run the same bar 3/8 50 gauge?

You mean the 2260? If so, the 2260 will take k095 bars (small husky mount) instead of d009 bars (large husky mount). So, they can't run the same bars, but yes, there are certainly 3/8 pitch .050 gauge bars available in both of those mount patterns. That reminds me actually, I have a 20" 3/8 .050 k095 bar i need to find a new home for. My only saw that takes that mount has no business running a 20" 3/8 bar.

how much difference would the 550 xp be compared to a 455rancher/2255? just outta curiosity, under 11lbs is intriguing but won't solve wanting a bigger saw matter.

Personally I see a major problem already mentioned above. Any pro 60cc saw will leave your 455 sitting in the dust. First of course powerwise and second weight wise being about equal to the 560. To be honest I would seriously consider selling the 455 and getting a 40 & 60cc combo or similar like 50 & 70cc. For me and the type of wood I cut the 40 & 60 can take down red oak up to 30 inch without to much of a problem. Of course I am not on a time clock. My choice would be something like the Dolmar 421 = Makita 4300 and a Dolmar 6100 = Makita 6100. Husqvarna, as all the other brands, have equal combos and the 555 is typically more than enough for most firewood cutters in the 60cc class incl. substantial money saving.

Personally I see a major problem already mentioned above. Any pro 60cc saw will leave your 455 sitting in the dust. First of course powerwise and second weight wise being about equal to the 560. To be honest I would seriously consider selling the 455 and getting a 40 & 60cc combo or similar like 50 & 70cc. For me and the type of wood I cut the 40 & 60 can take down red oak up to 30 inch without to much of a problem. Of course I am not on a time clock. My choice would be something like the Dolmar 421 = Makita 4300 and a Dolmar 6100 = Makita 6100. Husqvarna, as all the other brands, have equal combos and the 555 is typically more than enough for most firewood cutters in the 60cc class incl. substantial money saving.

No doubt I wouldn't expect the 2255 to keep up. But it's been solid and dependable 3 years now so I see reason to sell it great back up. But I see your point. Is the 555 a "pro" saw? I will look them up tonight.

I went through an old thread looks like a little less HP and missing the "rev boost" too. still an idea though.

I went through an old thread looks like a little less HP and missing the "rev boost" too. still an idea though.
For a none pro there is no difference in real life. Yes a single cut will be a bit faster and at the end of the day you will save low end single digit minutes. So if you are so stressed out that you have to save those precious seconds...
Even many pros are switching to the 555 because at the end of the day there isn't much to warrent the price difference. The equivalent of Echo would be the 590, also slightly detuned, that can be substatially improved with a simple muffler mod and a carb retune.

As mentioned before, no idea what type of wood you are cutting, but if anything represents a tree, lugging around a 60cc saw for tree tops can be quite annoying. Something a bit smaller would be much nicer.

EVERYONE who runs my 2260 absolutely loves it! Including me!

standard.jpg

SR

EVERYONE who runs my 2260 absolutely loves it! Including me!

standard.jpg

SR

Nice! the wood I cut varies from pine, oak, nut trees, cherries, locust any species found in NY that can fit in my truck and can be put in my wood burning stove.

To beat a thoroughly dead horse-There are a million different saw combos that can be had and many folks will swear by. I like my 35/50/60/85 lineup.

35 for small stuff or walking trail cleanup only. 2 lbs less than the average 50 cc saw.

Most current 40 cc saws don't have much power (except for the Dolmar/Makita 420/4300/etc, Stihl 241, and maybe a couple others). The Dolmar is as heavy as other 50 cc saws. The 241 is about 3/4 pound lighter which isn't much. I really like my 350 and 550 in stock form and love my 550 when ported. A ported 550 will run right next to a stock 562 which means it will outcut most other 60 cc saws.

Compared 50cc stock to 60cc stock the 562 shines in medium bucking. Still light enough to do limbing but not nearly as nimble or effortless as the 50 cc saw. If you want to add a little more weight and a little more power then step up to a "smaller" 70cc saw like a 044 or 372. Or to step up another half pound or so to the "larger" 70 cc class saws like 576, 461, or 7900. You really can't go wrong with any of the saws in the 70 cc class. I have two saws on my wish list currently, and one of them is one of the larger 70 cc saws.

For 24" and larger the 85 cc saw comes out. My 2186 (85 cc) was a little weak on compression but would still cut circles around the smaller saws at the expense of weight and fuel use.

Back