Husqvarna 562xp & 60cc saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's another big difference I was taught to balance on a log with a saw we walk down the tree well bumping and bucking.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Can't do that on a big Oak or pretty much anything else around these parts.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Can I honestly ask how big of wood do you guys cut? With a small bar like that you make my back I have two 20" bars if I'm on the ground no problems, but if I'm walking down a tree limbing ouch 32" is perfectly fit a 5'6".

A 32 would be useless on a 562 in the Appalachain mountains. I used a 24 on mine a few times and it did ok. You will most likely die or be maimed if you walk down these trees when they are on the ground.

I have a 28 on my ported 2172 and it does fine buried in hardwood (hickory, oak, locust, sugar maple,)
But i think it would be less that amazing with a 32 on it. IMHO

when it arrives I will photograph..... but until then heres a stock photo :)

maxresdefault.jpg
So much better looking than the 562. IMHO.
Good choice.

by jonsered pricing they are all the same price except the 371.

list price
371 503939372 $152.24
372 503626473 $202.99
372 x-torq 575255702 $201.55
372xpw 544254302 $202.99

Getting more interesting. lol

My Jonsered Dist doesn't even have the XPW kit, so it's cool that you have access to them. But they have the 371 and 372 prices opposite of what you have.

this is the one i bought from Nate at performance outdoor equipment.... you can swap bars and or chains with your current saws and you will get a good deal from him....and the saw is awesome View attachment 584904 i would recommend this saw and or the dolmar 6400 series saws are fast becoming my favorite saws

Aren't you trying to sell that saw now?

I'm not following, balancing on a tree with my saw... Thats why I am not a professional. I am lucky I do as well as I do standing two feet on the ground.
The reason we do it is you can get on some broken up steep ground here in the PNW, they're places you'll buck a log out well standing on the next log.

A 32 would be useless on a 562 in the Appalachain mountains. I used a 24 on mine a few times and it did ok. You will most likely die or be maimed if you walk down these trees when they are on the ground.

I have a 28 on my ported 2172 and it does fine buried in hardwood (hickory, oak, locust, sugar maple,)
But i think it would be less that amazing with a 32 on it. IMHO
Again I can make any saw cut like crud with a round grind chain a square ground chain really makes a huge difference, I can cut red alder chasing the chair with that setup.

The timber here is harvested from the limbs down for the most part,usually after the first limb there's no log so you might cut a couple libs off then top it.
No reason to climb up on a tree to cut 2 limbs off.

There's no market for soft wood here,all that's cut is oak and hickory,everything else is pallet lumber and ain't worth cutting down.

We are more concerned with cutting the tree down than cutting the limbs off.

Completely different type of logging and completely different wood.

Everyone has a long bar in the truck just in case, it's a 28".

I showed up at a chainsaw safety class a few years ago shortly after moving back to Wisconsin from Washington. I brought my 361 that I bought out there. Of course it was set up with a 25" bar, big dogs, and a full wrap handlebar. The logger who taught the class looked at me like I had three eyeballs. Then he lightheartedly made fun of me the whole afternoon while we were in the woods. A bar bigger than 20" on a 60cc saw is a completely foreign concept here in hardwood country.

Well, this thread is still moving on, so I do believe it's a requirement for me to show more Jonsered 2260 picts!

Here's "Johnny" hard at work,

standard.jpg

This saw just keeps getting it done,

standard.jpg

Load after load!

standard.jpg

Everyone loves "Johnny"!

SR

The timber here is harvested from the limbs down for the most part,usually after the first limb there's no log so you might cut a couple libs off then top it.
No reason to climb up on a tree to cut 2 limbs off.

There's no market for soft wood here,all that's cut is oak and hickory,everything else is pallet lumber and ain't worth cutting down.

We are more concerned with cutting the tree down than cutting the limbs off.

Completely different type of logging and completely different wood.

Everyone has a long bar in the truck just in case, it's a 28".
Little bit of Pine logged down here in the southern part of the state, but mostly Oak & Walnut.

Rarely see a bar over 20" & no walking on trees round here.

I showed up at a chainsaw safety class a few years ago shortly after moving back to Wisconsin from Washington. I brought my 361 that I bought out there. Of course it was set up with a 25" bar, big dogs, and a full wrap handlebar. The logger who taught the class looked at me like I had three eyeballs. Then he lightheartedly made fun of me the whole afternoon while we were in the woods. A bar bigger than 20" on a 60cc saw is a completely foreign concept here in hardwood country.

around me...90cc with 20" and skip chain is the normal. vast majority of my logging customers run minimum 80cc but preferably 90+cc with 20 and occasionally 24" bars. Full wraps, heated handles, longer than 28" bars are laughed at but most guys carry a 28" as a just in case, it might get used once or twice a year.

Little bit of Pine logged down here in the southern part of the state, but mostly Oak & Walnut.

Rarely see a bar over 20" & no walking on trees round here.
I'm in South East mo.
Where are you located?
Very little walnut here but there very high quality and bring top dollar.

White oak is is mainly what is cut,the red oak is usually bad and nobody cuts a hickory unless you have to.

Back