Husqvarna 562xp & 60cc saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in South East mo.
Where are you located?
Very little walnut here but there very high quality and bring top dollar.

White oak is is mainly what is cut,the red oak is usually bad and nobody cuts a hickory unless you have to.
Oh, you're in the swamps, love that area. We drive through there headed to Reelfoot Lake every May.

I'm south central, Ozarks, Texas county. We also do not cut Hickory. :)

I'm in the baby mountains in Madison County on castor river.

No swamps but there not to far away.
I'm 100 miles south of St Louis.

Yeah you can I've cut oak out here and you can walk down it or any hardwoods.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
You're right I stand corrected, I forgot you live where I do and cut the same species of wood.

It amazes me how many people can't think out ouf their own little world.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I'm not saying you can't,I'm saying that there's no reason to here and that's why nobody does.

If we were in some other place we would do it how they do.

What difference does it make?

It's done the way it's done because that's the best way or it would be done differently.

I'm not saying you can't,I'm saying that there's no reason to here and that's why nobody does.

If we were in some other place we would do it how they do.

What difference does it make?

It's done the way it's done because that's the best way or it would be done differently.
On say a big Oak with some branches the size of trees, all of which are in 1,000 different directions, with the trunk way the hell up off the ground and angled upwards. I say no you can't walk the tree and limb it. On the other hand most trees around here are simply too small, and as you said it would be pointless.

On say a big Oak with some branches the size of trees, all of which are in 1,000 different directions, with the trunk way the hell up off the ground and angled upwards. I say no you can't walk the tree and limb it. On the other hand most trees around here are simply too small, and as you said it would be pointless.

That's the way the oaks land down here. Especially a yard oak and when it's blown down it's even more fun. Lol. First one I seen I was like WTF

Come out here boys and play your 20" are home owner stuff we cut from one side and we will stand or sit on one side if you go too hard you can go for a tumble unless you're on boards. Remember this is my baby saw I run bars up to 60" in big wood you guys don't cut big stuff.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

All this talk... lol hey if and when I do get a 24 in bar should I go with a skip or semi skip or just skip the skip stuff? I'm not logging this saw is mostly cutting blow down of any specie that people will let me take.

If you are cutting up blowdown with big limbs all in a bind every which way it's a really good idea to have a backup saw, or two....., well maybe three or four.
yeah man as of now my back up is a poulan pro 42cc saw I burned out and rebuilt. so having a back up with something behind it is gonna be great. My 2255 may end up getting sold but the truth is that saw has cut some big stuff and never quit. Its plenty saw but life is short and a bigger saw is a better plan anyhow. Next year maybe a 80-90cc saw. My neighbor has a Stihl 661 if I really get into a bind thats a nice saw, but not what I need on the regular.

For 30+ years I only had one saw and got by ok, but a few years ago I wound up with 3 saws and wound up getting 2 of them stuck in the same tree, lucky For saw number 3 or I most likely would have had to go borrow a saw.

Latest posts

Back