Husqvarna 562xp & 60cc saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noob question, what is the disadvantage of too long a bar.
The engine doesn't have enough power to pull the chain easily through the wood. So in effect the saw bogs down very easy. Some people try to counteract this effect by mounting semi skip or skip chain = a chain with far less cutters.

For 30+ years I only had one saw and got by ok, but a few years ago I wound up with 3 saws and wound up getting 2 of them stuck in the same tree, lucky For saw number 3 or I most likely would have had to go borrow a saw.
Not that I get stuck too often and even when that happens a machine is usually around that can get close enough to open up the slot. I generally remove the bar and chain, then almost always can get the bar out leaving just the chain to get damaged if the next step does not go as planned. A battery tool with a grinding device should be able to disassemble the chain needing just another tie strap to repair if outboard clutch. The borrow a chainsaw threads are amusing on here.

For 30+ years I only had one saw and got by ok, but a few years ago I wound up with 3 saws and wound up getting 2 of them stuck in the same tree, lucky For saw number 3 or I most likely would have had to go borrow a saw.
If you only have one saw make it one that has an inboard clutch, for when you get stuck.

I hear that I used the Poulan Pro 42cc only for a few years and my back up was an axe. If I didn't burn up the poulan pro I may have never bought another saw. And been fine really or sorta. Might never started reading about how I "need" a pro saw if I wasn't looking on line on how to fix the "pro"... Sorta like my hunting knives, I got by fine with a hand me down old carbon steel knife and cheap gerber folders... But then I got on the internet and started reading about super steels and now I can't get by with out 3v or s30v etc... Don't take that the wrong way using good stuff is enjoyable.

2260 arrived only got it out of the box not even put together its noticeably smaller than the 2255. weight on paper is slightly heavier but I won't know for sure until I get the bar and chain on it feels lighter. If the 2260 runs well I for see putting the 2255 up for sale and looking at the red version of the 543xp(if it comes in red), or the 550xp red saw 2253 I think. The 2255 55cc nearing 13 lbs has less HP as the 550xp 50cc at under 11lbs and the 543xp is under 10 lbs which would be plenty for backup, small stuff and limbing.

thanks again for all the info

Latest posts

Back