Husqvarna 562XP Carburettor Conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea of what the autotune diagnostic tool from husky costs? might be handy to have one and ship around between members as needed.

Something like $250 on ebay. Probably cheaper from one of our sponsors, Terry Landrum or Spike60

It can be done. I would say you'll have to make a carb boot somehow. I don't remember what Ed did to fit it.
I checked on it he used a 365XT intake boot and machined an alum plate to mount boot. He said plate was easy to do. That is all i was able to find out.
Shep

I contacted Spike60 yesterday to see if I could purchase the AT diagnosis tool and it is something that you cannot just purchase. He was very, very helpful and I wish he was closer!

All new AT carbs will need a software flash so fixing an AT carb isn't as simple as buying a new carb and slapping it on.

I purchased a 365XT intake boot and have a chinese carb that was an extra for a 372. This may be a winter project but if I cant get this AT figured out it may be the best option (if I can figure out the wiring).

I contacted Spike60 yesterday to see if I could purchase the AT diagnosis tool and it is something that you cannot just purchase. He was very, very helpful and I wish he was closer!

Bob is an awesome dealer. I was going to order the diagnostic this fall because I'm interested in the data. Husqvarna part # 583897101 is the diagnostic tool I'm looking at and is available on ebay. Just thought I would order from Bob because he has always been cheaper than ebay prices and is a great dealer.

Bob is an awesome dealer. I was going to order the diagnostic this fall because I'm interested in the data. Husqvarna part # 583897101 is the diagnostic tool I'm looking at and is available on ebay. Just thought I would order from Bob because he has always been cheaper than ebay prices and is a great dealer.

Maybe you can he just mentioned that they were not available for sale to the public. It would be nice to have a setup for AS members to "rent" and use as needed. I'd chip in...

FWIW wasn't in Anbar but between Adder, Ali Al Salam and Shuaiba in that timeframe. Happy hunting.

I'm hoping they can still be purchased. The nerd in me really wants to see the data.

I was at Adder on my last trip and had a desk job in the motor pool. They put the Chief and I in a little tin can but when we opened the door, we were right next to the Ziggurat of Ur. It was a pretty cool view.

Sounds more like a dealer problem, not know what to do to fix the saws the first go around.

Yeah, real dealers don't send saws back to Husky to get fixed. :dumb:

The deal with the diagnostic tool is similar to the carb adjustment tool. They wondered why some dealers would need a dozen or 2 of them, so they put a limit on them so they couldn't be retailed. (unless they relaxed that and I'm unaware of it). But, that tool is soon to be replaced by what they are calling the "common service tool" or CST for short. All future software updates will be done with the new gadget, so there's no point in investing in the old tool at this point.

The deal with the diagnostic tool is similar to the carb adjustment tool. They wondered why some dealers would need a dozen or 2 of them, so they put a limit on them so they couldn't be retailed. (unless they relaxed that and I'm unaware of it). But, that tool is soon to be replaced by what they are calling the "common service tool" or CST for short. All future software updates will be done with the new gadget, so there's no point in investing in the old tool at this point.

Do they need Beta testers of this "Common Service Tool"? :sweet:

That sucks I just picked up one NIB $100.00. Somebody knew something I didn't. guess it wasn't a good deal afterall.
Shep

I haven't gotten any notices about a limit on purchasing the software. Carb tools yes....4 per year. You do need dealer level access to get the updates to install though. Joe blow can own the tool and look at parameters and codes but no updating.

Around $150 or so for the kit.

Bob knows more about this than me so I could easily be wrong.

I've only had one saw hooked up to mine and updated the firmware. Data that is available is very limited/crude if your used to looking at automotive data streams but considering it's on a chainsaw it is impressive the amount of information stored on there and available to look at.

Latest posts

Back