Husqvarna 562xp vs 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wottiv

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking at getting a new saw. I had it narrowed down to the Stihl MS362 or the Husky 562xp. Of those two, I decided on the 562xp. So I go to the local dealer and ask if they can order the saw, as they did not have it in stock. I had them write down a few prices w/ different bars on the 562xp. I also asked if they would write down the price of the 372xp they had sitting on the shelf @ $809 w/ 20" bar. When I said that the lady giving me the prices asked if I meant $859, as she was looking at the MSRP in her book. I said, no it says $809 on the tag. That said- would it be worth the extra $60 to stay out of the auto tune 562xp and get the extra 10cc in the 372xp? Thanks for the help!

Pay $850 for a fully ported 562xp

You need to pay $850 for a fully ported 562xp including shipping. This keeps your weight down and horse power up. Porting costs $250. The guys on this site can pick the saw up for $600 without the bar and chain.

Mine is arriving on Friday.

The (price) differense between those saws aren't so much about what it is worth, but rather about what you need and want. They aren't really made for the same use (except they both cut wood).

If you really wanted a 70cc saw in the first place, the 372 surely is worth it, but hardly if not....

Last edited:
The (price) differense between those saws aren't so much about what it is worth, but rather about what you need and want. They aren't really made for the same use 8except they both cut wood).

If you really wanted a 70cc saw in the first place, the 372 surely is worth it, but hardly if not....

Now that was very well said, my Norwegian friend! :msp_smile:

For my wood cutting needs, the 562xp is by far the best choice of the two.
I have had one close to a year now and would buy another if needed.

If you plan on running a 20" all or most of the time get the 562. If you want to run a 24" or longer than get the 372. If the dealer has a 365 it's the same cc as the 372 with restriction in the transfer covers that can be easily fixed.

Now that was very well said, my Norwegian friend! :msp_smile:

For my wood cutting needs, the 562xp is by far the best choice of the two.
I have had one close to a year now and would buy another if needed.

What he said, although my Ms460 with a 20" bar and 8 pin rim is pretty nice as well.

The (price) differense between those saws aren't so much about what it is worth, but rather about what you need and want. They aren't really made for the same use (except they both cut wood).

gotcha. If you had to classify (in your own words) what the 562xp and the 372xp individually would be specifically used for... what would you say? I am just looking at specs/price/weight/power and trying to make a quality decision based on those facts. I am not really looking for a 70cc saw, but thought that for a $60 upgrade and gaining 1 lb would it be worth the extra 10cc and double dawgs? Again- thanks for your replies!

If you plan on running a 20" all or most of the time get the 562. If you want to run a 24" or longer than get the 372. If the dealer has a 365 it's the same cc as the 372 with restriction in the transfer covers that can be easily fixed.

that is another consideration, and I appreciate you addressing it. I want to run a 20" bar most of the time, but would like to be able to swap a 24" when I need to. It sounds like the 562 can pull the 24 pretty well without porting... correct?

I had a 372xp and it was an great saw. However for long days of firewood cutting, it was starting to break my back. I sold it and bought a 346xp. A mm and new coil and my 346xp kicks ***. A few weeks ago I purchased the 562xp with an 18" bar. HOLY CRAP!!!!!! The 562xp is a serious saw. It is not too far behind the 372xp at all and in a smaller package.

that is another consideration, and I appreciate you addressing it. I want to run a 20" bar most of the time, but would like to be able to swap a 24" when I need to. It sounds like the 562 can pull the 24 pretty well without porting... correct?

The 562 would be fine with a 24". I wouldn't want to use bigger on a regular basis on one.

Decisions, Decisions....

I own them both. Honestly you can't go wrong with either one.
Factory stock the 562 will cut neck and neck with the legendary 372
in all wood up to 24". Go over 24" and the edge goes to the 372.
If you seldom go over 24" I would stick with the 562.
My experiance w/Autotune is that it "Adapts" to just about any
situation I can put it in. It's nice to just start the saw and know that
it's going too automatically tune itself. I have to "Tweak" my other huskies for top performance
depending on the situation. Not a big deal, but it's very nice to not have to do it.

gotcha. If you had to classify (in your own words) what the 562xp and the 372xp individually would be specifically used for... what would you say? I am just looking at specs/price/weight/power and trying to make a quality decision based on those facts. I am not really looking for a 70cc saw, but thought that for a $60 upgrade and gaining 1 lb would it be worth the extra 10cc and double dawgs? Again- thanks for your replies!

You can get double dawgs for both saws if you want to - but I wouldn't want it on either. I just removed the dawgs from my 560xp, and still just keep the small original (single) one on my 372xp.

I wouldn't consider the 372xp an alternative to the 562xp, unless you really need to use a 24" bar or longer (you don't need that to cut 24" wood). Also, the 372xp is a model that Husky has been trying to replace since 2005, and I have a strong feeling that the are very close to actually do it by now. The 372xpXT that they now offer is just a "stop-gap" solution, in the meantime...

My point really is that the 562xp is a much more nimble saw to handle, unless you put a too long and heavy bar on it.....

Last edited:
Like some have already said it depends on the size of wood you'll be cutting. I thought about the 562XP and 372XP and ended up with a 365XT which I just finished making the mod to turn it into a 372XP. Most of the wood I cut right now and for the reasonable future will be 25-35" oak so I wanted the saw that would handle a 24-28" bar pretty easily. If I was only doing up to 20-24" wood I would have gotten the 562XP in a heartbeat and look forward to getting a 550XP sometime in 2013. The 365's/372's are heavier so if you can get away with it and are in smaller wood I'd go with the 562XP.

Never handled at 562XP but my 365XT cut like a beast bone stock and not broken in.

Either saw will be excellent depending on your needs. I also saved a good bit of $$ by going with the 365XT also.

I own them both. Honestly you can't go wrong with either one.
Factory stock the 562 will cut neck and neck with the legendary 372
in all wood up to 24". Go over 24" and the edge goes to the 372.
If you seldom go over 24" I would stick with the 562.
My experiance w/Autotune is that it "Adapts" to just about any
situation I can put it in. It's nice to just start the saw and know that
it's going too automatically tune itself. I have to "Tweak" my other huskies for top performance
depending on the situation. Not a big deal, but it's very nice to not have to do it.

Remember that the currently availiable 372xp is the heavier XT version, it isn't really the 372xp that became legendary! ;)

The weight is very close to the old one. The specs are more realistic now. A half wrap 372 pre x torq is 14 lbs and afew ounces set up over here. The current 365 might be a little bit lighter with the low top filter.

True ST, I know that not all 372's are created equal.
I can only speak to the older versions and the 75cc 372xpw. I Was speaking generally.
Essentially, You and I feel the same way on this topic.
Let's hope your right on for your prediction Husky to produce a legitimate replacement for the 372.
Mabye the 572XP-AT is on it's way????That would put a Grin on the faces of those of us w/CAD.

The weight is very close to the old one. The specs are more realistic now. A half wrap 372 pre x torq is 14 lbs and afew ounces set up over here. The current 365 might be a little bit lighter with the low top filter.

Most 372xp saws actually left the factory with the low top, and that is the version the specs were for - the high top/HD filter really was an option, even though it was more or less standard in the US. I haven't really checked how that is with the XT ones...

Back