Husqvarna 562xp vs 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually believe the XT version is torque-y-er. I really do.

I don't believe we have to throw the old version under the bus to make that statement.

Especially from somebody that thinks (thought) his old school 365 was one of the best saws of all time.

Respect the timeless classics, is what I'm saying.

no body is throwing anything under the bus. yeah 10 years ago the 365 was my favorite saw. big deal. its a mini 372. I'm not giving up my screamin "wore out ole 372"

Just some people here like to read specs and bash saws before they ever run them and give them a bad rap here...

I never meant to say a bad word about the 372XT.

I don't think I did. I just said I was in no hurry to spend my money on one.

That's just My economics.

If I've made any bash in this thread, it's been against the 60cc saw, which I still consider a "tweener". You ARE right, however, I've never even seen a 562. No matter how good it is, it's still just a 60cc saw to me. They DO have their place, and I don't feel I've really 'bashed' them.

that's fine. Ask any logger who runs one in hardwoods. they'll laugh in your face if you claim to have a 372 that runs a 24" wtih authority, new or old. Actually old 372 was a good 22" bar saw, but you can't find 22" bars anymore. Not to mention, you'll burn the PTO side bearings out of one forcing it to cut with a 24". I"m not talking about taking out a couple trees, I'm talking day in and day out use by a professional.

I've used a 24" bar on my old 372xp day in day out for 5 years and have yet to replace any bearings. In the real world a few seconds means nothing all that matters in getting the job done,getting paid, and going home nobody is racing.

I could understand all this if it were Stihl vs Husky.

But dang men, the old 372 and the new one are both great saws!!!

:hmm3grin2orange:

that's fine. Ask any logger who runs one in hardwoods. they'll laugh in your face if you claim to have a 372 that runs a 24" wtih authority, new or old. Actually old 372 was a good 22" bar saw, but you can't find 22" bars anymore. Not to mention, you'll burn the PTO side bearings out of one forcing it to cut with a 24". I"m not talking about taking out a couple trees, I'm talking day in and day out use by a professional.

Just not going to agree with you on this.

The old under powered 372s are going to water to die like the elephants. I had to put a puppy pad under my xpw so it don't make a mess in the floor:laugh:

I still haven't ran a xtorq 372 yet but I did think the regular 372 was a little behind in the torque department. The xpw is better.

If the OP cares I would get the 562 if you plan on it as your small saw.

I could understand all this if it were Stihl vs Husky.

But dang men, the old 372 and the new one are both great saws!!!

:hmm3grin2orange:

Sometimes you just have to take your "arguments" wherever you find them...

I really mean it all pretty light-hearted.

I never meant to say a bad word about the 372XT.

I don't think I did. I just said I was in no hurry to spend my money on one.

That's just My economics.

If I've made any bash in this thread, it's been against the 60cc saw, which I still consider a "tweener". You ARE right, however, I've never even seen a 562. No matter how good it is, it's still just a 60cc saw to me. They DO have their place, and I don't feel I've really 'bashed' them.

Sorry, been Pmsing lately.. really thought you were bashing the XT. I agree on the 60cc for sure. I guess thats for the normal people that only need one saw. the 50/70 is definately the way to go imo.

I am sure treemonkey would be glad to have some of those old 372 as several of the large logging outfits around here gave up on the 372xt, claimed they did not spool up well like the old style. They are rebuilding the old style instead. One outfit bought the 'tennesee 372' scott built for that GTG and ran it daily in the woods for over a year, while burning out several of the xt.

The one outfit claimed the xt had plenty of torque, but they were tired of waiting for it.

Just reporting on some angry loggers in WI. I only ran the xt for three cuts.

That just goes against all of my experience with a 372xp. And I have quite a bit.

Mine will pull a 24" bar like it's nothing in the hardest of wood.

That just goes against all of my experience with a 372xp. And I have quite a bit.

Mine will pull a 24" bar like it's nothing in the hardest of wood.

standard logger saw out this ways is a 385 or 390xp with a 20" bar.Only the young guys use the 372, old or new. or a 660 again with a 20". it will be interesting to see if the stihl guys switch to the 461's or the 661's when they come out. I have yet to see any of the 5 series out in logger hands. Is that because they suck? not sure, never ran one but they are heavy and the 576 i picked up and looked at looked like a pregnant pig. Every now and then you see a guy that carries a 24/25" but that is few and far between, like finding a brand new xpw. i guess i'm not the norm, you can do alot with a 20" and in production cutting, there is more cutters to maintain, higher costs, etc from running longer bars. I've never seen a 24" on a logger 372 around here. i've only seen one 24" on a 390xp. 24/25's on the 660's are more common, but still rare. We still have good sized hardwoods. The amish husky dealer in the heart of logging country out here loves the old 372's but says the same thing. he's got 4 in the shop right now for new bearings on the pto side only both old an new. he's also changed a ton of 390 pto side crank bearings as well. Those saws were all 20" bars too. Whats that say?

He stocked up on the ole 372 when the Xtorq's were introduced. Guys were resilent to buy the new XT's. They hated them at first and now love them?!. these guys all run stock saws. I've ony seen one that had a series of 3/8" holes drilled in the can above the brace. they don't mod the saws or the mufflers. I'm talking stock out of the box.. we also never got the xpw's out this way. I'm talking loggers that run saws 6 days a week for clearcutting lumber for the local mills, not johnnys tree service. I still don't understand all the hatred towards the XT, its stronger out of the box than the old 372. I'm not sure if is lack of hands on and lots of internet bantering or what. Whatever, they are both good saws. I'm sure before long the XT will be gone by the wayside as well.

Sorry, been Pmsing lately.. really thought you were bashing the XT. I agree on the 60cc for sure. I guess thats for the normal people that only need one saw. the 50/70 is definately the way to go imo.

My new saw plan is 60cc/80cc..... 562xp/2188. Now the only problem is what do i do with all my 50cc saws???? Ehhhh who cares lolol. I will just have to rotate when I use them haha.

That'd be 60cc/90cc wouldn't it?

Well it depends who you ask on here lololol. Eventhough i put it as a 80cc, i still consider it a 90cc saw. I seen in one thread that somebody considered a 390xp as an 80cc saw. You know what they say about opinions lololol

The amish husky dealer in the heart of logging country out here loves the old 372's but says the same thing. he's got 4 in the shop right now for new bearings on the pto side only both old an new. he's also changed a ton of 390 pto side crank bearings as well. Those saws were all 20" bars too. Whats that say?

I would guess that alot of "Back-Woods" guys around there really like the sound of WOT/no load on the 390/372's around there. These folks often have trouble with bearings, But can't figure out why?.....for some reason this song comes to mind:Jackyl - The Lumberjack - YouTube
....For the Love of God Will Somebody pry that poor Jonney-Red out of that long hair's Hands! He must go through 1 or 2 per Concert!..Lol!

I would guess that alot of "Back-Woods" guys around there really like the sound of WOT/no load on the 390/372's around there. These folks often have trouble with bearings, But can't figure out why?.....for some reason this song comes to mind:Jackyl - The Lumberjack - YouTube
....For the Love of God Will Somebody pry that poor Jonney-Red out of that long hair's Hands! He must go through 1 or 2 per Concert!..Lol!

lmfao... seriously though wtf is that guys deal? i'm sure the epa would love that. Its a wonder no one ever got mutilated at a concert with as much partying as goes on in rockers... wow. I'd be more worried about lean sieze than crank bearings from free reving... New AS brutality test? see whose saw runs WFO until it stops? that sounds like a great durabilty test. whose up for donating their thousand dollar saws for that test? that surely put an end to all the discussions... of course someone would cry and complain, results were rigged.. more oil in one that the others, etc..

Latest posts

Back