Husqvarna 562xp vs 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think ST's comment was negative at all. He's just stating what has been reported here on ported 346s' vs ported 550s'. He even stated these result may change in the future...He's actually a fan of the 550. The builders will get more out of the 550, it's just goin to take a little while.

I'm also one of a pretty big crowd that really likes the 346, based on my own use for 12 years. I do believe the 550 has more ass based on reports here, yours included. I will likely get one at some point, but I'm not in a huge hurry to do so. ;)

Yes, that is what I actually did (posted)...... :D :laugh::laugh::bang:

This debate is certainly relevant to my current interest. Picking between the 365 and 562 has been the hardest decision I have had to make in a long time. I kept going back and forth with my justification of one vrs the other. Randy has recently really pushed my inclination towards the 562 since I have several larger ported saws and the 365 is built on the same frame as my 2171. Before I write this check out, are all the early issues resolved with this model? And for the guys that have them- would you buy one again? I have read the debate regarding 60cc saws, and I feel that they have their place in what I like to do and if I decide to take one up a tree, 2lbs less than the 365/372 makes a difference after a few cuts. Thanks for your feedback and insight guys. It makes it easier to make the purchase.

This debate is certainly relevant to my current interest. Picking between the 365 and 562 has been the hardest decision I have had to make in a long time. I kept going back and forth with my justification of one vrs the other. Randy has recently really pushed my inclination towards the 562 since I have several larger ported saws and the 365 is built on the same frame as my 2171. Before I write this check out, are all the early issues resolved with this model? And for the guys that have them- would you buy one again? I have read the debate regarding 60cc saws, and I feel that they have their place in what I like to do and if I decide to take one up a tree, 2lbs less than the 365/372 makes a difference after a few cuts. Thanks for your feedback and insight guys. It makes it easier to make the purchase.

I'd buy another 562xp without a second thought. Mine is an earlier model and I've had no issues at all. Had it almost a year and put around 20-30 tanks through it.

That said, I'll never buy a larger saw. For me it cuts like a 70cc, but in a much smaller package. I don't run my 365xpw anymore, it just sets in the shop. I wouldn't trade the 562 straight up for a brand new 372... This is now my big saw. :D

that's in line with what Randy said. That the 562 once ported runs like a 70cc saw and with the slim profile feels like a 50cc saw. Sounds like a 50cc saw on steroids.:D

no doubt i would buy one again- 'g' model next for me

mine was an early model

Last edited:
that's in line with what Randy said. That the 562 once ported runs like a 70cc saw and with the slim profile feels like a 50cc saw. Sounds like a 50cc saw on steroids.:D

I'd say stock for stock, in wood under 18" a 562 will run right with most 70cc saws. I just did a MM on mine and the thing is just crazy. :D

Im to the point where id rather have a smaller saw that still has a ton of power. I mean isnt that ultimate goal??? All the current 70cc saws are over 14lbs. Im young, but weight matters to me alot. I recently picked up a 562xp done up by mastermind and i intend to use that as my " go to" saw for firewood or the occaasional tree job. It will always wear a 20" bar. My 2188 will come out for the BIGGG wood lol.... I will probably keep one of my 50cc saw in my truck tool box for emergency work.

I wonder if they will ever make the saws of the future slim down a few pounds???? That wood be crazy lol

How much does a 20'' tech lite bar go for? I'm going to order a 562 and have it shipped to Randy. I cant stand my local dealer's employees so they arent getting any money from me.

How much does a 20'' tech lite bar go for? I'm going to order a 562 and have it shipped to Randy. I cant stand my local dealer's employees so they arent getting any money from me.

20" Tech Lite is the **** on this saw. I got mine from the special place us AS guys order Husky saws from. 562xp and Tech Lite bar was $680, 10-11 months ago. :msp_smile: Bailey's has the bar for $100.

20" Tech Lite is the **** on this saw. I got mine from the special place us AS guys order Husky saws from. 562xp and Tech Lite bar was $680, 10-11 months ago. :msp_smile: Bailey's has the bar for $100.

pm sent:msp_smile:

I ordered a 562xp with a 20 inch Tech Lite on it. I would also buy another one.

... are all the early issues resolved with this model? ...

Mostly good news from the local Husky dealer. Sold a bunch of 562xp's to landscapers and tree companies who rave about them and none of the saws have been returned for service or defective operation. Not so good news - the dealer hasn't received the autotune factory training and doesn't have the diagnostic equipment yet, although this should happen within the next couple of months. If your dealer is up to speed on the autotune technology I'd go for the 562xp.

562 is on order-
Paid $50 under MSRP... I'm happy with that! I got it with the 20' bar.
Thanks for the input and advice. I will post a review on this thread after running it a while.

Great choice!!!! Save up your pennies and send it to mastermind. Then you will really be grinning!!!!!!!!..... Well i know i was lololol.

562 is on order-
Paid $50 under MSRP... I'm happy with that! I got it with the 20' bar.
Thanks for the input and advice. I will post a review on this thread after running it a while.

A little late on this thread but good choice for a 20" bar.Anything bigger than 20" 70cc or bigger.

For awhile I was thinking about a 372xp...that was until I tried the 562xp for awhile.

I'll be trading in my 365sp for a new 562xp. For what I require a saw to do the 562xp will be more than adequate.

And it is one heck of a saw :rock:

PHP:
Great choice!!!! Save up your pennies and send it to mastermind. Then you will really be grinning!!!!!!!!..... Well i know i was lololol.

What does the mastermind mod on the 562 cost? I am thinking about running it stock until the warranty is up, then making the decision to mod it or not.

For awhile I was thinking about a 372xp...that was until I tried the 562xp for awhile.

I'll be trading in my 365sp for a new 562xp. For what I require a saw to do the 562xp will be more than adequate.

And it is one heck of a saw :rock:
That's where I am now.Just sold my 371xpw and have my 359 at the porters right now and a NE346xp on the way and I have a ported Husky 44 and ported 026 pro.

562Xp

I had Mitch purchase port and mail me a 562xp and I couldn't be happier. All my new saws will be ported from now on.

Latest posts

Back