Husqvarna 562XP Parts And Tools

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conquistador3

Le Comte de Frou Frou
Reaction score
Hello everybody.
I am presently haggling over a 562XP. The saw is a "problem child" which will surely require some engine work (crankshaft bearings for sure, perhaps piston and cylinder but I would need to take it apart to know for sure).
I am not 100% sure I'll be able to close the deal (too much difference between asking price and what I am willing to pay) but just in case I'd like to ask a few questions.

First: I've never worked on Husqvarna saws hence I have no idea if there's something I should be aware of or some special tool I should buy/manufacture. I've worked on Stihl, Echo and Oleomac chainsaws, plus many other pieces of power equipment: Honda, Zenoah, Kawasaki etc.
Second: I have no Husqvarna dealership in a 40 miles radius, so everything I may need (bar bearings, for which I have a local source) would have to be bought online. Given this would be a project saw I have no need for next day delivery. US vendors are fine, as long as they ship parts to Europe.

Thanks everybody.

[Edited as I had accidentally invented a wholly new Husqvarna model]

there are a few of us dealers that keep most of the parts you may need in stock . I also ship to Europe atleast once a month.

First: I've never worked on Husqvarna saws hence I have no idea if there's something I should be aware of or some special tool I should buy/manufacture.

a couple of the special tool you may or may not need is the adapters for a pressure and vac test. it can be done without them but is much easier with them.

autotune tool to program the carb if need be but that can be done before the carb ships to you by terry or whoever ends up providing the parts.

if the case needs split the actual tool is nice but again not totally necessary. the standard C shaped splitter does not fit these saws so it requires a special splitter that works similar to some of the homebrew methods that use the bar studs to push crank out.

Don't bother on a crank on a 562, cost is insane especially if you have to buy the saw first. Wait for another deal IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Don't bother on a crank on a 562, cost is insane especially if you have to buy the saw first. Wait for another deal IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

That's what I did after doing the math. The saw wasn't cheap by any means and even when using second hand spare parts, made no sense fixing it. Had it been cheaper it would have been feasible.
I'll stick to Stihl for the time being, thank you very much.

Back