• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 61/272 Hybrid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Selling this saw as I just have too many irons in the fire right now. Asking $225 OBO, PHO shipped to lower 48, PP F+F preferred. Will ship elsewhere if that is where you are at and we can make a deal on shipping.

61 bottom end with 272 OE cylinder and new aftermarket piston. Installed a new Tillotson 260 carb and the proper 272 intake tract. Has the 61 style air filter. Aftermarket top cover to fit the higher 272 cylinder. Mildly modded muffler with "double barrel" outlet. As you can see this has been put together from a couple different saws so I am pricing it accordingly.

mag.jpg
mag_top.jpg
top.jpg
pto.jpg
bottom.jpg
front.jpg

Here is a video of a few cuts. I have run about 1/3 tank through this since getting it together and as you will hear it is tuned pig rich on the high end.

Looks like a great a deal Steve.
Shouldn't last long at that price.
I figured it should. I just want to move it along and recoup some of what I spent.

I also have a 61 top cover and AM 272 cylinder leftover from the project that I should take pics of and put over in the parts forum.

Forgot to mention. It has base gasket delete. I don't have a compression reading but if you pick it up by the pull cord it will ever so slowly work itself down from the weight of the saw plus 20" bar and chain.

I figured this would be gone already but there are many fine saws for sale currently. Maybe I need to raise the price LOL.
Lean it out a bit and put it in a bigger piece of wood, it's very fat in that video.
They are great saws, and as I like to say when they are prices this cheap, it sure beats a husky 455 for $300 of craigslist :).

Lean it out a bit and put it in a bigger piece of wood, it's very fat in that video.
They are great saws, and as I like to say when they are prices this cheap, it sure beats a husky 455 for $300 of craigslist :).
I am not going to be cutting for at least two weeks now. If I can't sell it I'll give it to my uncle as he only has two 42 cc saws.

I am not going to be cutting for at least two weeks now. If I can't sell it I'll give it to my uncle as he only has two 42 cc saws.
That's a great option as it would still be available to run when you get to wanting to run one, otherwise you will be out looking to buy another one, and that's more my style than yours :laugh:.

My original thought was to scrounge up all of the plastics from one era to make this one look good. But I have 6 non running saws on my bench, a 357G I would like to buy locally plus three newer pro saws I would like to have ported. A man has priorities LOL.

My original thought was to scrounge up all of the plastics from one era to make this one look good. But I have 6 non running saws on my bench, a 357G I would like to buy locally plus three newer pro saws I would like to have ported. A man has priorities LOL.
If you convert those six non-running saws to runners, you will put $600 in your pocket. That's about the average difference between a runner and a non-runner -- $100 a saw. It could be more these days.

You could be. That is exactly what a moderator on this forum told me several years ago -- about $100 apiece on the average (more for the high end saws and less for the residential saws). I fear that he was right, but it might be worth a discussion.
I'm going all in on an eBay saw right now so it doesn't feel that way but all in all, on the few I've done it's probably close. It doesn't help that I get the itch to run models I haven't yet so I tend to overspend a bit.

Thank you to the buyer! I had absolutely no need for that saw...... but I logged in 3-4 times a day to see if it was still there.

Deleted PM's twice!:laugh: Now I can go back to lurking in peace! :)

61 has an extremely strong bottom end, and the 272 speaks for itself. Buyer will have some fun w that one!

Back