Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 41 is doing something goofy. Whenever I start it it runs then when I try to give it gas to rev up it dies, like it's running out of fuel. I have tried tuning it over and over, cannot make it stop. I didn't do anything to this saw after I picked it up except replace the chain brake. So I suppose it could have picked up something in the carb? It just seems wierd that it ran fine for a year and then starts acting up. It was my new favorite limbing saw.

Wanted to share this quilt my wife made for my friends son. This is her second husky quilt, both if which were made on a Husqvarna viking sapphire 835 sewing machine!
fe54452a297d404b4d5e31645eed5cba.jpg

My 41 is doing something goofy. Whenever I start it it runs then when I try to give it gas to rev up it dies, like it's running out of fuel. I have tried tuning it over and over, cannot make it stop. I didn't do anything to this saw after I picked it up except replace the chain brake. So I suppose it could have picked up something in the carb? It just seems wierd that it ran fine for a year and then starts acting up. It was my new favorite limbing saw.
Air leak or carb problem. First thing I check is the fuel line & usually replace if I don't know how old it it. Fuel filter & tank vent too, just to get the easy stuff out of the way.

7161d08fa48d6e04d57c7d2deff06a5a.jpg

99e489cb61bb3b0d4709e759dd87f8d8.jpg

Maybe this fuel line is getting pinched between the back air filter piece and the idle screw. Looks sort of kinked. Should it be behind the idle screw?

I replace the fuel line in the 41. Still doing the same thing. Maybe the duck bill behind the vent is not working. Looks like . it may be a chore to get to that part of the saw. I could rebuild carb first and see if that fixes it.

I replace the fuel line in the 41. Still doing the same thing. Maybe the duck bill behind the vent is not working. Looks like . it may be a chore to get to that part of the saw. I could rebuild carb first and see if that fixes it.

Dirt on the carb screen?

It has one of the good sintered filters in it but it sure seems like it is starving for fuel. Revs up and dies and needle position seems relatively ineffective.

Brain is the tank full ? I had the same problem out a 288 the tank breather was plugged or not working I popped out the white filter thing and all is well leaked a lil fuel on its side so I put a new tank breather in its fine now just an FYI

Latest posts

Back