Husqvarna E 142.. not starting..please help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked my turbo and it isn't overboosting. :dizzy:

I'm going to order these new parts and see if I can't get it to tune up properly. I'm also going to look at the gas that was used and see if that was the culpret.

The vent in the gas tank, how would you check that? It is a small metal vent pressed into the tank near the top. When I screwed the gas cap on, I noticed the fuel moving up the gas line and leaking out, as if it were under pressure from screwing the cap on. Is the vent a one way vent? Only letting air into the tank, but not out?

Thanks guys, I appreicate the help

You may not have the right tools to check, but those vents should open under pressure between 150 - 400 mbar, and under vacuum at max 115mbar. Dont use a full blast of compressed air directly on the vent as you will break it, just clean around it. You can expect a small amount of fuel movement when you screw the cap on...

The easiest way to check the vent is to get the saw running, then crack the tank cap. If engine behaves different, change the vent.

Make sure you use a Tacho after your overhaul. High RPM = lean mixture.

Dip some paper in the fuel tank. When the fuel evaporates the oil will be left on the paper. No oil left on paper = the cause of your seizure...

Last edited:
Back