Husqvarna F70

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dozerdan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I traded in this saw today from the man that purchased it new. He claims that he has all of the original manuals but he hasn't found them for me yet.
How many of these have you ever seen.

http://www.sunlink.net/~dozerdan/F70Left.jpg

Later
Dan

Here ya go,

F70Front.jpg

F70Right.jpg

F70Top.jpg

Hey what's this one????

372hiltbarrel.jpg

JJ
That is the nicest 70 that I have ever seen but then again its the only 70 that I ever had in my hands. None of the Husky dealers around here ever saw one of them. This one still has the original
spark plug in it. He told me that he did have to replace the points about 6 years ago. He said that the only other thing that he ever replaced on the saw were the clutch springs. One of them broke when the saw was only a year old.
I am not sure what I am going to do with it. I have enough saws here already, I may sell this one.
Later
Dan

I am so sorry Dan I wanted to post this one, it's labeled Eric's Slow 962 I guess we didn't learn anything a few months ago. At least you two redneck boys are consistant. Way to go.

Eric's-slow-962.jpg

Oops almost forgot make sure you call Eric so you guys can get your story straight this time.

www.sunlink.net/~dozerdan/Eric's-slow-962.jpg

Pictures

Marky
That is not a 962 barrel. That is the exhaust port side of your 357 barrel that I ported. I am sure that some of the more knowable members can verify that it is a 357 barrel. I labeled that picture that way intentionally. It was intended to get people attention who look through my web space that have no reason to be there. It looks like it worked.
Later
Dan

No doubt Dan I believe you but I was under the impreesion that the was the flagship 357 barrel picture that was floating around here. If I remember correctly it was labeled Erics slow 357. Like I said make sure you call your buddy to get the story straight this time.

Are you sure it worked or is this just another OH PA fable. Kinda like a chainsaw Urban Ledgend. And why wouldn't it be.

E70, F70

I have a little informatin I got from a friend at Husqvqrna:
It is made by Ture Åkerfäldt in Cresents factory in Uppsala It was yellow/ black. He also imported Lombard.
It is the same as Cresents outboard engin from same time (1959,60,61), Thease saws were made for Canada/US, but too many prblems later (Carb, cooling, ignision and vibrations), they all came back. This was the end for now.
Monark and Husqvarna bought the project (as Is ) and took upon themself to get the saw out on maket. Now it has Orange/black colors And called Modell F70. They diddn`t sell many do to Mac 2-10, Jonsereds Raket60.
Thease saws were better and sold more. The last model E70 was all Orange. Husqvarna disided to build a new saw, A65, and after this, many good years for Husqvarna.
By the way, I have both of them.

Mange

Mark
Yes I did have a few pictures on my web space labeled as you described. There was never any mention of the saws origin or its history, out of respect for the man in which the saw origintated from. It was originaly there as a trap to catch some people that at that time was and probable still is reading my PMs. At that time no one knew of my space and I talked with one forum member about the pics through PMs only. We were just trying to catch some people in the act. The whole thing got blown way out of proportion and twisted all around. I did apologize to the man from which the saw originated from. That was wrong on my part and I should not have labeled them in that manor.
Later
Dan

Mange

Hi
Thanks for the great information about the saw. I also received a few emails fron other people about it. It looks as though Partner also sold some of the same saws.

Partner also got into a deal with Crescent and sold the Crescent saws under the label of, "Partner TS". Look at this model on Mike's site and you'll really see a F70.
Later
Dan

Dan, Interesting information, tryed mike`s site but it did not work,
Will try again. No doubt the info, the companys have allways had "close" contact.

Diddn`t know this though.

Mange

Back