Husqvarna L65 needs new piston - will Husky 61 fit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My new purchase - Husky L65 has a seized piston, it may clean up but would prefer a new one, the question is will a Husky 61 piston fit? :(

Both are 48mm but need the critical total piston height and wrist pin to crown dimensions before I buy one - I know it has a 12mm wrist pin.

Can some good folk measure a Husky 61 piston for me and tell me the piston total height (need circa 41mm) and the crown to top of the wrist pin hole (need 16mm) the rest should be bodgeable - sorry - can be engineered to fit.

Thanks

Spud

Dead battery in cheap caliper but

Total height a little under 40mm

pin to crown edge 16.5 give or take....you could be tight on matching them up or just do a pop-up and deck the cylinder base

Total height a little under 40mm

pin to crown edge 16.5 give or take....you could be tight on matching them up or just do a pop-up and deck the cylinder base

Thanks PES+, looks as close as I am likely to get, the slight extra height will give a bit more compression and the height sounds pretty similar - will have to check the position of the ring ends and the spacing of the little end in the piston but looks a pretty good match.

I may see if the original can be saved but it is good to know I may have another option if it is FUBARed.

Thanks again

Spud

Back