Husqvarna Sticky!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a husky 50 that I rebuilt, new bearings, seals, top end, etc. and I have had some issues with the oiler. This is the second one that has gotten chewed up like this. What am I doing wrong? Did I locate the metal worm gear on the crank wrong? Someone has to know, there are enough of these saws out there.

20170714_185657.jpg

Enlighten me please!
thanks

Washed, scrubbed and preened all these wood nurdlers last weekend. Husky for the win!!
959d341ace4af3699d0e554604636083.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Actually all the procedures for painting a saw are on this forum,not all together in one thread but scattered throughout the forum.Which part of the process do you have a question about. All painting is basically the same. Preperation (sanding) surface repair, priming. Applying top coat.

I have a husky 50 that I rebuilt, new bearings, seals, top end, etc. and I have had some issues with the oiler. This is the second one that has gotten chewed up like this. What am I doing wrong? Did I locate the metal worm gear on the crank wrong? Someone has to know, there are enough of these saws out there.

View attachment 591160

Enlighten me please!
thanks
Looks like the worm gear is in too far

Actually all the procedures for painting a saw are on this forum,not all together in one thread but scattered throughout the forum.Which part of the process do you have a question about. All painting is basically the same. Preperation (sanding) surface repair, priming. Applying top coat.
Ah you repainted it. I seee now. Looks good :clap: I used to work in a body shop for 4 years. I thought you had managed to polish the HDPE tank, recoil and cover plastics. (the bit I am struggling with)

I am in the process of doing a number on my 262xp and 181se. Well firstly it's a rebuild of both and getting them back to working order and then a strip and paint of the crank cases and other magnesium parts etc.

I am looking at how to flat back through the grades the plastic (from 400-2000 grit) and then polishing with a orbital mop. Problem that I had when testing on the underside of the tank is they get hotter far quicker than paint and melt before the polishing can take effect.

Just finished the initial rebuild of this beaut.. it's is soo nicely weighted for its power. Base delete so far, muffler mod next, then a timing advance, then slowly start to port the jug. I want to see the gains at each stage.
2ff4d0f73dc668927c85f394435b0248.jpg
e68663b8f0d57abcd5405d80955a8b08.jpg
0cebdd3813bf1600177d1e124b6bcbd7.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

All -

I was so excited about my new Husky MS90A purchase that I wanted to post it in the Husky sticky thread. And then I realized that we don't have one?!?!? So here you go!

And back on topic - what better saw to start off the Husky thread than with an MS90A, which I believe is Husky's first commercially produced chainsaw. This beauty is en route to me from the Mother Land (Sweden), and it's my first Husky, too.

Ok, who's up next?

Scott

View attachment 582683 View attachment 582684 View attachment 582685 View attachment 582686
Wow what a beauty,I wish I could get hold of one [emoji102] .

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

Back