Husvarna 3120 no spark new ignition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCTC1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, New to the site. I have a 3120 that has a brandy new ignition pack & is still not getting any spark. Already tried a new switch & switch wire. Just seeing if i could get some help on this. could it be the flywheel at all one side doesnt seem like its very magnetic? thanks

DK about the FW, but did you put the wire off a old coil on a new coil? I put a new coil on one once and it ended up being the wire. A Ohm meter is your friend if that is the case

New coil came with new wire on it... & i had already replaced wire that goes to kill switch so i'm just confused why is not getting any spark.

Howdy,
What did you set the air gap at, and was the new module the same color as the old one?
Regards
Gregg

the new coil pack was green old one was black? i had set gap with business card. hopefully that coil pack isnt the wrong one
thanks gregg

Tho older ones are black, newer ones are green. they are made for different flywheels.

Hey thanks, too bad i have the wrong replacement :laugh:
thanks for the help much appreciated just made account today

how about you send me your flywheel and will send you an 02 suffix flywheel which is what is used with the green coil :)

so apparently the green one is limited on rpm's? & the black more is a screamer?:hmm3grin2orange:

so apparently the green one is limited on rpm's? & the black more is a screamer?:hmm3grin2orange:

I was hoping you wouldn't catch onto that :laugh: I bet a buncha pricks went ahead and pm'd you saying "don't do it" when they saw my post ;) it's all good I would have told you just kidding all the way. don't want to do a trade and have you not be happy. the black one is limited also just not as low. I have a black coil and 01 flywheel but the counterweights are damaged :( if you mill with your 3120 the green coil isn't bad at all. all other applications you would want the black coil though. I also have an unlimited hotsaw coil that works good with the 02 suffix flywheel but don't want my work 3120's to be fit with no limit.

Back