Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you said roller bearings my brain saw ball bearing.
982d5f69ae72ac4b1e8c396292bf8625.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

I received my 070 last week. After looking at .404 options I decided to convert to 3/8 pitch and modify the bar studs to take the standard large 3002 stihl bar. I will have to drill some holes in the 3002 mount for the chain adjuster. I think I will try to start with Huztl's 28 inch bar. I may have to add some links???
I can get this setup for around $60 including the rim drum, bar and chain. I can use this bar on my 660 too.
I pulled the plug on converting to 3/8 pitch. I installed the rim drum with 3/8 pitch but when I looked at the oil holes on the Huztl 28 inch bar they weren't even close the lining up. In fact the oil output holes miss the bar altogether. I guess I'll wait until the Huztl .404 b&c go on sale.

Sorry the plan fell through. I saw the design and stopped after buying a normal bar and seeing how the saw is setup. I spent big on the bar because they said no least you were saved from that. I am going to save up and buy a carbon chain for mine. Be like paying for a TV but with it I can also cut stumps near the ground with it or some skanky wood. Saw or bar won't care.

I will buy some loops of the Huztl 404 chain and pick my weapon based on what I cut.

I pulled the plug on converting to 3/8 pitch. I installed the rim drum with 3/8 pitch but when I looked at the oil holes on the Huztl 28 inch bar they weren't even close the lining up. In fact the oil output holes miss the bar altogether. I guess I'll wait until the Huztl .404 b&c go on sale.
There's a 33 inch oregon armor tip on ebay right now for 99 dollars obo free ship. If you want me to link it i can.

I would've bought that. If i didn't already order a 42 inch. Armor tip. And its backordered

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232407341679

This was my experience also. Was going to go 3/8 but too many other issues came up. I wanted about a 30'' bar and had a 24, 32, 36 48, and 72 but just too many if's came up and I needed to be cutting in a couple of days. So just put a brand new 30'' rollomatic bar and a 100' roll of 404 semi with it. I also converted a 3/8 to 404 so they would not all be different. The 404 cuts better than any thing I have ever used before and I thought I knew everything. It takes a little more grissle to pull the 404, but it goes through the hardwood better than anything. This sparked new life back into my older saw collection so will be building up some older cases. I am not sure that I want a 090 cylinder, but maybe another 070 or 076. Thanks

What do you guys think of retrofitting a 42 inch Oregon match bar to fit this hutzl 070? I think I can make the oil hole work if I raise the bar up a tad? Then drill a chain tensioner hole. Any fixes on the tensioner? it is about worthless! New guy here might be wishful thinking!

What do you guys think of retrofitting a 42 inch Oregon match bar to fit this hutzl 070? I think I can make the oil hole work if I raise the bar up a tad? Then drill a chain tensioner hole. Any fixes on the tensioner? it is about worthless! New guy here might be wishful thinking!
I was planning to modify a 3003 pattern bar (12mm slot) for use on my 070. Add forward adjuster holes, lengthen the slot, find a ~96 dl 3/8 chain, replace the drum with 3/8 rim. The problem was the bar is not wide enough and the oiler holes were missing the bar completely. I don't think adjusting the bar up is a good idea.

I bought a 36" cannon bar and its a shame it can only be used on one of my saws. The MS660 can benefit, I will of course need to change out the sprocket. But to use the bar I found these adapters on Definitive Daves ebay store and bought them. There is always a loop hole but I checked with him. These slip over the studs and the cannon will fit and should also line up with the oiler. So for 10$ and the rim set I can use the large mount bar and chains on my 660. Kinda sweet. Thought i would share that. Heres the store link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stihl-Chain...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

and a photo belowlarge mount adapters.jpg

there is a difference, these saws don't come with stihl on them like fake watches and handbags. in fact look in my sig. i dont pretend they are stihls just copies.
So why has Stihl not gone after this company? Is it because it only builds discontinued models? It stihl seems like patent infringement regardless.

I simply don't care for a counterfeit product, regardless of what it is. That's exactly what these are.
Easy to say when you have an 090G. I have no plans to buy one of these at this point, but the idea of them building that model of a kit definitely has a bit of appeal. But CHiCom is the direct cause of much of our nation's hemorrhaging in recent decades. But it's like the demand for meth and other drugs from Mexico. Free enterprise depends upon enterprising folks seeing then following up on ideas. I'm not big enough to use an 090...... I'm not big enough to use an 090...... I'm not big enough to use an 090......

So why has Stihl not gone after this company? Is it because it only builds discontinued models? It stihl seems like patent infringement regardless.
Who says the 070 090 Stihl is discontinued? Far as I know the ms720 is still being manufactured by Stihl which is a modern version of the 070.

I simply don't care for a counterfeit product, regardless of what it is. That's exactly what these are.
I see that argument and I understand it. But it's complicated I think. I own a BMW. Not a respected brand in New Zealand at all, but we can't all drive counterfeit Chevrolets oops I mean Holdens. Beside the point. To get oil and air filters and general maintenance parts I have a choice, am parts from the local car parts store, poorly made and very expensive, genuine parts from the BMW stealer, made in China and very very very expensive or online genuine sometimes Chineese Austrian or German made, very cheap and great quality. I follow the quality first the price second and I'm sorry but I don't consider the question of counterfeit ness at all. After all aren't all parts copied from the prototype?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

lol
keep telling your self that.

who knows why they build them. i enjoy them
I would like to get one, actually. I am not large enough to actually use one, tipping it at 145 after a 16 oz steak dinner, but I did cut my wedding cake with a 660 which I drop started in front of 150 people, made five cuts flawlessly with no table scraps in the cake, so maybe I could do this. I will watch and wait, and maybe the hutztl business will become established and the quality go up to the point it's worth a build. I dunno. I have mixed feelings about this. My ideal monster saw would be an 090AV with a G transmission bolted on to it. It would make a good climbing/limbing saw.

Back