Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a 36" cannon bar and its a shame it can only be used on one of my saws. The MS660 can benefit, I will of course need to change out the sprocket. But to use the bar I found these adapters on Definitive Daves ebay store and bought them. There is always a loop hole but I checked with him. These slip over the studs and the cannon will fit and should also line up with the oiler. So for 10$ and the rim set I can use the large mount bar and chains on my 660. Kinda sweet. Thought i would share that. Heres the store link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stihl-Chainsaw-New-large-mount-to-standard-mount-adapters-3002-to-3003-pair/222119110394?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

and a photo belowView attachment 593073
I don't believe that's going to work for you. The tails of the bars are VERY different and I don't believe the oil holes line up either.

Screenshot_2017-06-08-21-42-40.png Screenshot_2017-06-08-21-41-52.png

I was asked to help remove a 24'' pine yesterday. It had some lightening damage and the ants were taking over. I brought a limbing saw and a 070. My friend who owns a tree company brought two 660 and a limbing saw. We were in a hurry so as not to have any work left over for the week end. It took me about 20 minutes to cut a cord and a half. It took him about 18 minutes to cut a tree almost identical and he had chisel bit chain as I had semi. Almost no difference except his arms were not as tired because the 070 is pretty heavy. Thanks

Did Huztl ever release their 090 clutch? Does anyone have the link? I can't find it on their website.

I thought I saw a 090 cylinder from Huztl in the past but it's not on their site now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You know we had that discussion about the crank play. i got a look at the roller bearing setup and it makes perfect sense. here is a photo
roller bearing.jpg

i got delivery today of the 070 kit and i put up a video of whats in the box, appears to include everything. looking forward to this one. the parts are much larger than anything i have worked with. i can keep one of my 070 on the holzfforma mill full time and i will not cut my chain guard down on this one. i will buy one of huztls bars this time and after i get a look at it will decide what role the cannon plays.

i got delivery today of the 070 kit and i put up a video of whats in the box, appears to include everything. looking forward to this one. the parts are much larger than anything i have worked with. i can keep one of my 070 on the holzfforma mill full time and i will not cut my chain guard down on this one. i will buy one of huztls bars this time and after i get a look at it will decide what role the cannon plays.

I placed my order the first day they listed the kits. My order status shows it hasn't shipped yet. I ordered their .404 hardnose bar and chain with it. I am looking forward to the build.

Send them message. You are as good of a customer as I am.

Recall they said Africa was buying all they could sell so it slowed kits down. I stumbled on it on my porch today. I had not checked shipping once. My calendar has been full for about the last 8 days. Others have kept me very busy. I will wait on ya.

Thinking ahead some. I looked for buy opportunities on the oem piston bearing and the piston circlips. I did not find any. Since Huztl is out of the large 66mm jug I recalled definitive Dave had a kit on his eBay store.

He is currently out but expects the kits return in several to three weeks. I asked about the clips and bearing and he said he would get some. Since it's an odd part it might take a week or so to get those.

I've got a part number for the 070 Badge that goes on top of the Air Filter I Would really like to get that But the stihl dealer locally said they couldn't get it :/
Thinking ahead some. I looked for buy opportunities on the oem piston bearing and the piston circlips. I did not find any. Since Huztl is out of the large 66mm jug I recalled definitive Dave had a kit on his eBay store.

He is currently out but expects the kits return in several to three weeks. I asked about the clips and bearing and he said he would get some. Since it's an odd part it might take a week or so to get those.

Definitive Dave Or Robin wood If any of you see this Can you please see if you can get the part number 1106 967 1500 that's the 070 plastic name tag that goes on the air filter cover !

Back