Huztl / Farmertec ms 440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbohn

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just received my new Huztl aftermarket ms 440 parts kit. This is a new kit from Huztl and I like the looks of the parts so far.

I would like to hear about other builders of these kits. I think they will be popular at under $300 delivered.

300 delivered? how much did you pay? i installed one on a 440 summer 2016 and it was under $100 shipped on ebay lol probably one of the better hutzl cylinders as far as bevelling and ran good. not a fan of the plating though. seems they're getting tired by 200 tanks.

300 delivered? how much did you pay? i installed one on a 440 summer 2016 and it was under $100 shipped on ebay lol probably one of the better hutzl cylinders as far as bevelling and ran good. not a fan of the plating though. seems they're getting tired by 200 tanks.
He is not talking about a Hutzle P/C....its a complete parts 440 saw like the 361/660 kits.

I ordered one too. How long did delivery take after your order? Mine was $280 which included $98-ish for processing/shipping.

I just received my new Huztl aftermarket ms 440 parts kit. This is a new kit from Huztl and I like the looks of the parts so far.

I would like to hear about other builders of these kits. I think they will be popular at under $300 delivered.

The Huztl site showed a spur sprocket with the kit but it came with a rim sprocket. The crankcase has a nice finish and seems well built. It has a Duel Port muffler with no internal baffles. I put the case together last night. The case halves were put in a preheated oven (Turned off) for 10 minutes. The crank was outside on my deck at -10F. The flywheel side in easily and the clutch side went on with little force from the crankcase screws. I am still waiting for a Huztl 52mm cylinder kit I ordered from ebay.
Here are some photos

Attachments

• 20170105_163805.jpg
    20170105_163805.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 236
  • 20170105_165302.jpg
    20170105_165302.jpg
    643.9 KB · Views: 221
  • 20170105_165047.jpg
    20170105_165047.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 240
  • 20170105_165125.jpg
    20170105_165125.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 229
  • 20170105_165407.jpg
    20170105_165407.jpg
    957.2 KB · Views: 224
Trying to glean some wisdom here for my build -

I get the "preheated, oven turned off before case halves went in for 10 minutes" part. But what did you preheat to? 250? 225?

Did you put the flywheel side together first and maybe the temps of the pieces got closer together before you put the other side on, making the crankcase screws necessary to get it together? I'm wondering how fast you have to work to take advantage of the heating of crankcase and cooling of crank.

Also, did you get any shipping notices? Or did it just show up 10 days later? I ordered mine 5 days ago and have heard nothing since.

Thank you for posting for those of us who come behind ....

The Huztl site showed a spur sprocket with the kit but it came with a rim sprocket. The crankcase has a nice finish and seems well built. It has a Duel Port muffler with no internal baffles. I put the case together last night. The case halves were put in a preheated oven (Turned off) for 10 minutes. The crank was outside on my deck at -10F. The flywheel side in easily and the clutch side went on with little force from the crankcase screws. I am still waiting for a Huztl 52mm cylinder kit I ordered from ebay.
Here are some photos

...Also, did you get any shipping notices? Or did it just show up 10 days later? I ordered mine 5 days ago and have heard nothing since.

No shipping confirmations, but you can check the status of your order from the "View Your Order History" page on your account. You can enter your shipping number into sf-express (seems to take a few days from the time you see a shipping number).

They seem to to be much better about responding to email as well. Use [email protected]

Trying to glean some wisdom here for my build -

I get the "preheated, oven turned off before case halves went in for 10 minutes" part. But what did you preheat to? 250? 225?

Did you put the flywheel side together first and maybe the temps of the pieces got closer together before you put the other side on, making the crankcase screws necessary to get it together? I'm wondering how fast you have to work to take advantage of the heating of crankcase and cooling of crank.

Also, did you get any shipping notices? Or did it just show up 10 days later? I ordered mine 5 days ago and have heard nothing since.

I preheat the oven to 260f. I leave the clutch side half in the oven while I install the crank in the left side. I then take out the right case halve and put them together.

Where did your shipping number come from? I have heard nothing since I got a PayPal confirmation for payment.

No shipping confirmations, but you can check the status of your order from the "View Your Order History" page on your account. You can enter your shipping number into sf-express (seems to take a few days from the time you see a shipping number).

They seem to to be much better about responding to email as well. Use [email protected]

Can't wait to see you build it! I ordered one to and it should be here early next week. For questions about the shipping, I to didn't get anything about when or if it shipped just a order number. I emailed Huztl and they got back to very quickly and gave me a tracking number and everything I needed. I am awaiting the arrival and will definitely be posting a build thread.

I also bought there west coast style clutch cover and a 3/4 wrap handle from them, Ill post some initial impressions when they arrive early next week, stay tuned.

While I am waiting for my 52mm cylinder kit, I installed a few more parts. The oil pick-up hose installed easily after the case halves were assembled. The oiler, bushing and clutch also assembled without issues.
I did have issues with the flywheel. The flywheel looks like a steel hub press fit (?) into the flywheel at high temperature. The hub has the bore for the tapered crankshaft and has the threads for the flywheel removal tool. The hub does not fit the crankshaft well and the removal tool threads are unusable. I am going to ask for a new flywheel.

20170106_170207.jpg
I also installed the chain adjuster. The gear with screwdriver slot is very tight where it fits into the case. I had to work the gear (rotate) back and forth utility it turned freely.

I would imagine there to be some quality issues present, though i have read that huztl does have a great respond time and are willing to replace broken parts or damaged parts. It is a bummer that it was shipped like that though.

A few more issues as I go through the parts.
1. Missing 4mm e-clip for brake linkage. I had one of the two required.
2. The throttle linkage is missing.
3. One of the recoil pawls was broken.
4. Missing av buffer plug. One of the two large ones.
Not big deals but it will delay the build. The quality of the parts are equivalent to the Huztl 660 kits I built...not quite OEM but adequate.

Back