Huztl FarmerTec MS380, MS381, 038 Build Kit Start to Finish

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so after looking at the photo you provided of the two saws tbohn and considered why there was a difference? AM? the answer appears to be no. technical bulletin 52.2003
ti_52_2003_01_01_01.fm shows a photo of the ms380 and farmertec has the handle, cover dead on right, screw is hidden. handle slope changed
I guessing the difference is the 038 top cover mounting bolt is located more rearward on the cylinder and higher up than the ms380.

I think it was mentioned but that's probably why the bolt head is square, so you can use a wrench to tighten it. Believe me, they do need tightened occasionally.
On the oem 038s, the top cover is slotted to slip over bolt and rubber grommet. The Huztl 380 top covers are not slotted. My kit included a M4 X20(?) bolt and rubber grommet for the right cover fastener.

Can't imagine what the cylinders look like. When it's built it's unknown.

They don't have to worry about missing screws and the like. With a kit Technical support was you. On a built saw you should have some, what happens if the carb is bad and the guy has never installed one or tuned it, do you return it. Most repair shops will not touch one of these saws. With a kit you gained enough experience to service it. There will be lots of people without that experience and a saw that will not work. I wonder how this will work out for them?

I will promise you this if Stihl discovers they are importing complete saws and they have an interest the customs will collect the saws. Border inspections are going up. The kits were a loophole, since when were parts illegal. I am surprised. My local dealer hammers them anytime someone shows up with a knockoff. I think he has a direct line.

I am not against it. I said Stihl is. I talked to several importers and they told me Stihl has s team of people who's job is to make them uncomfortable. Otherwise Alibaba would be covered up with knock offs. That's why I said I was surprised.

Latest posts

Back