Huztl FarmerTec What Saw Build Kit Would You Like to See Them Make?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
Reaction score
First off they are making a drill attachment for the chain saw. That really would come in handy anytime you don't have access to electricity, or like putting up fence for example. There is a winch that can be coupled with a saw that might be interesting what do you think?

On the Husky models...if you could choose between these 4 husky models which ones do you find worth having and why do you feel that way. 266, 288, 445 or a 455. They will choose two out of that lot. Which should they choose?

On the Stihl's I think we need a top handle saw. I was told there was an issue with the 200t handle at the AV and they were looking at that. There are other top handle models the 193t comes to mind, what top handle models would you like to see? How about other Stihl models the 070 is coming so we need to let them know what other models we would like to see, because it takes months to get one to market. I don't think they can copy the new ones.

No brainer 266 and 288 husky clones. The Husky 350 would be more interesting than the 445 btw.

As for Stihl a 200T copy would be the bomb. Only other Stihl niche that isn't filled is 50cc so a ms260/026 could be a fun saw puzzle.

Yes a drill and winch could be a useful addition at the proper price.

Am interested in the drill attachment. Are they 'making' one themselves or re-badging an existing manufacturer's offering?

Am interested in the drill attachment. Are they 'making' one themselves or re-badging an exiting manufacturer's offering?

Lol

I would imagine they are copying someone's design. The Chinese generally don't do their own engineering and design. I guess imitation is the best form of flattery.

At this rate, between the clone kits and some of the offerings of assembled saws such as Timberpro and the like, we will all be rocking the Chinese saws at some point.

Making one for them is copying one I would imagine. Unless one comes up with a new design feature it's already been done. I thought the new drill attachment was cool too.

I remember where I worked in the early 90's the guys on the crew had a drill attachment for their Stihl saws we used in the woods to drill holes in trees for big lag screws. Don't know if it was Stihl attachment or other manufacturer. Worked nice. Cordless drills at that time weren't all up to the task of boring 1/2 inch holes.

Well, just to see if I could do it, I got an old Stihl MS 650 from a logger who had put nearly 1000 hours on it. He said, "Edwin, take her. She's yours." Bearings seemed a little loose and it wasn't running quite right. Rest of the parts were OK, so I bought a new Farmertec MS 660 case with bearings, seals, cylinder, and piston installed.

Then I carefully removed all the good parts on the old saw and installed them on the new case. Today I started it with a 28" bar on board. To my pleasant surprise, it all worked after a quick carb tune and it cuts like a bandit. Oiler works perfectly using the old pump. My cost: $125. Will it last? Who knows, but right now it's a keeper.

Back