Huztl FarmerTec What Saw Build Kit Would You Like to See Them Make?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When are they coming with a 070 kit?

a date was not discussed. the husky chainsaw was considered and discussed and that the 070 was in production. i could not say which would come out first. i would say soon. looking at their parts they have a lot of 070 parts already so i guess having enough to fill what ever number of boxes they decide they need to do is the kind of consideration they are at. he only tells me what he wants to to know and i can ask questions. i have no questions, i feel certain they are getting on with it. upgrading the 070 did not occur to me until johnny ask for a 880. for me the 070 really makes more sense now.

this conversation reminds me a problem me and my dealer encountered when converting my 070 to 090
the adapter sleeve wasnt long enough for 090 clutch assembly, its alot wider than 070 clutch
i cant remember right but i think we used 2 adapter sleeve or maybe 2 of those ring like stuff that goes together with
the adapter sleeve, is there a difference between 070 and 090 adapter sleeve ?
from the ipl it seems like they are the same, the clutch washers and plate for both
models arent the same btw, if you use 070 clutch washer and plate the end nut will be sticking out abit
and it will rub the clutch cover
It appears that a full 090 conversion has a few minor bugs to work out. I have to wonder how much more power can be transferred through the 090 6 shoe over the 070 clutch? If the 070 clutch can handle most of the torque a 090 can put out then a clutch conversion at $150 to $200 per clutch + drum cost may make it a pass if I wanted to go this route.

a date was not discussed. the husky chainsaw was considered and discussed and that the 070 was in production. i could not say which would come out first. i would say soon. looking at their parts they have a lot of 070 parts already so i guess having enough to fill what ever number of boxes they decide they need to do is the kind of consideration they are at. he only tells me what he wants to to know and i can ask questions. i have no questions, i feel certain they are getting on with it. upgrading the 070 did not occur to me until johnny ask for a 880. for me the 070 really makes more sense now.

Thanks for the 880 request credit but, I was really just a copy cat.
Stihl 880. Just because..:muscle:

I'll never own an 880 or an 090, because I need one like a hole in the head.

But if they were pennies on the dollar, I doubt I could resist.

880 or 3120 for those of us who are into milling. I would say 395 but they already do the 660

An ms880 would be awesome. That would become my next milling saw.

Bedford, I'd sure be twinkling an eye at an 084/880 kit if the price was right. Maybe a 3120 but I hear they had a few more problems than the 880's did...could be hearsay.

That was a lot of work. I was just talking with you. Lol

Guess we need to use foot notes.

I probably have no need for an 880 either but if I have one, I'd find a reason to use it occasionally.

I picked up an echo with a 27" bar and the guys in the store were taking bets on what I was using it for. They didn't like my answer 'nothing yet.'

It appears that a full 090 conversion has a few minor bugs to work out. I have to wonder how much more power can be transferred through the 090 6 shoe over the 070 clutch? If the 070 clutch can handle most of the torque a 090 can put out then a clutch conversion at $150 to $200 per clutch + drum cost may make it a pass if I wanted to go this route.

there's a big difference between those 2 clutches, 6 piece clutch will give alot more traction for the 090 p&c
you wont notice on small bars but as you get close to 60" bars 6 piece clutch will be definitely noticed

there's a big difference between those 2 clutches, 6 piece clutch will give alot more traction for the 090 p&c
you wont notice on small bars but as you get close to 60" bars 6 piece clutch will be definitely noticed
I found a post stating that the early contra lightning S 137cc had the small clutch and seemed to cope ok so, if I happen to find myself with an AM 070 topped up to 090, I'll likely experiment with the small clutch first. Unless Huztl or someone makes the 6 shoe very affordable.

I found a post stating that the early contra lightning S 137cc had the small clutch and seemed to cope ok so, if I happen to find myself with an AM 070 topped up to 090, I'll likely experiment with the small clutch first. Unless Huztl or someone makes the 6 shoe very affordable.

actually i heard the exact opposite thing, it couldnt handle the extra torque which called for the monster 6piece clutch.

i had an 070 with pinched brand new bar which wont cut for sh!t. it kept burning clutches, i changed 3 clutches within a month. i upgraded to 66mm top end and the big clutch thinking i was cutting something harder than usual. the upgrade burnt my bar, only than i found out that it was pinching bar. it pulled through the hardwood and pinced bar

66mm p&c and 6 piece big clutch they are no joke

actually i heard the exact opposite thing, it couldnt handle the extra torque which called for the monster 6piece clutch.

i had an 070 with pinched brand new bar which wont cut for sh!t. it kept burning clutches, i changed 3 clutches within a month. i upgraded to 66mm top end and the big clutch thinking i was cutting something harder than usual. the upgrade burnt my bar, only than i found out that it was pinching bar. it pulled through the hardwood and pinced bar

66mm p&c and 6 piece big clutch they are no joke
Bad luck! After every fuel/oil refill, check to see if the chain will pull freely while the saw is off. It is good insurance for all kinds of issues. Thanks for the info on the clutch.

I'll put my two cents in regarding why I favor the 880 over the 070.

I would be using a larger saw like this for milling, and while it is true that in the cut you don't really feel the weight of the saw so much, you do feel it everywhere else. The 070 is 10 lbs heavier than the 880.

Also, after keeping up with the Huztl build threads for some time now, it seems that now and in the future we would be dealing with the issue of missing parts. Also there is the desire to use OEM parts for some items to help ensure long term reliability.

The 880 is currently in production and has been for some time so parts are readily available at any dealer. 070 parts may be a different story, as has been discussed regarding the clutch.

Back