Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I milled some year old cherry with the HZ660 tonight. It did really good. I had 2 stall outs in the hourish I ran it. Not sure what it was about. It stalled like it ran out of fuel. But I would stand the saw up and it would restart. Not quite sure what's happening there. But I will investigate tomorrow hopefully. Other then that. It's right up there with my BB660 in speed of cut. I will have to mill with that soon to get a better feel between the 2.

Forgot to add it was running 12900 at WOT with no load with a 32in bar.
04bf5b79b719d27a4515135dda69b2c0.jpg
6943bbe3997fb7342c2c65d5daf92d4e.jpg
4e0b7ea5deb17073fff1c034ae30c2cf.jpg
a5c21877bc19cf7ececeb2fb4049b451.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sounds like your fuel filter was out of position. Anytime it cuts out like that when milling expect lean.

Sounds like your fuel filter was out of position. Anytime it cuts out like that expect lean.
That's what I was thinking. Fuel filter related. I might get an OE one tomorrow and a new plug. It's running a used NGK from my BB660 right now.

That's what I was thinking. Fuel filter related. I might get an OE one tomorrow and a new plug. It's running a used NGK from my BB660 right now. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

i did not mean you need a new filter, just route it correctly inside the tank the service manual will show you which way it should lie. see as the fuel level drops the filter is exposed, so you dont want to go below a certain point, your filter works best when its covered with fuel, if its floating you can weight it. i like ngk too. i guess you know nothing outside the tank is sucking air?

View attachment 594525 I got in some of my parts and my starter pull cord was missing the shield (http://www.huztl.net/Recoil-Starter...MS660-Chainsaw-OEM-1122-084-7809-p227767.html). I did not catch it until I was going to restring the rotor with elasto start handle http://www.huztl.net/ELASTO-START-H...RECOIL-STARTER-OEM-1113-195-8200-p225749.html. i went ahead and ordered a stihl rope rotor because stringing it is way easier and when you yank real hard it will not split.

huztl said they would get me a cover in the mail and check their stock and make sure it was a one off. they are good people to do business with. I hope to have it by end of next week.

the brake lever is not working right and i got one of those also and the bushing for the shroud. They told me stihl just discontinued those bushings. I am not clear if they are available aftermarket i will need to check to see. But I have some on the way and i can finish and start this big beautiful girl. bushings maybe monday, oem order friday or monday and i will be all set.

Attachments

• sheild.jpg
    sheild.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
I got a good story. The first 070 bar i got was a stihl and it did not work and i took it back. the parts guy called some guy in technical services and was told yea that bar is suppose to work. so he sold me the right bar and it is not right so he offered to refunded my money on the new bar and i bought cannon.

then my parts orders started getting late and they were incomplete. after a while it got so bad i wondered if he was trying to rile me. I had three orders that had not been filled and all three dates had passed so i went to his boss and told him the story. i said why are you doing this to me. he said they should be here friday. he said they know if its on back order and non of my stuff was. he would look into it. i left.

about an hour later the worker bee called me and said he was trying to get an order together to get my parts. i said i know you have ordered 3 times since i ordered why are you doing this to me. i buy a steady stream of stuff from you. I pay cash, have my part numbers listed and pay in advance and always pick up every part i order quickly. I am a very good customer he said none of these products are available, but they might be if you go some where else. why did you not just tell me that in the first place? he hung up

They were available and cheaper for the next guy. thas just not fair. his boss must have made it hard on him and it passed it along. set me back 3 weeks.

i did not mean you need a new filter, just route it correctly inside the tank the service manual will show you which way it should lie. see as the fuel level drops the filter is exposed, so you dont want to go below a certain point, your filter works best when its covered with fuel, if its floating you can weight it. i like ngk too. i guess you know nothing outside the tank is sucking air?
I know but I figured while I was there I would get one. Good to have a spare one kicking around if I decide not to use it.

If your line is in right it could be to stiff to move around the tank. I've never done it but a local tree climber slid a farly large nut over the fuel line before the filter to make it drop at any angle. Here's a little reading on the tank vent and pressure testing the tank.

Attachments

• IMG_4030.JPG
    IMG_4030.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 32
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 33
  • g.png
    g.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 29
Anyone else try that farmertec version of the elastostart? I broke an arm load back in march and haven't tried them since. I'm always willing to give her another go though if they figured out the issue.
20170323_201029.jpg

If your line is in right it could be to stiff to move around the tank. I've never done it but a local tree climber slid a farly large nut over the fuel line before the filter to make it drop at any angle. Here's a little reading on the tank vent and pressure testing the tank.
Thanks I will have to give it a look. (The Tank is 3/4 full right now)

Hard to tell what broke? Have them on all my saws. Maybe it was a bad run. Did you tell them. Was it the rubber that broke?

If the tank vent isn't working it would probably start to die around 3/4 tank.

The first time it happened the tank was almost empty and the second time happened at 3/4ish. I will look into the vent as well.

I ordered a mityvac today so I can do pressure/vacuum tests on my saws. I keep building and rebuild more so it will be a wise investment for me.

That's what I was thinking. Fuel filter related. I might get an OE one tomorrow and a new plug. It's running a used NGK from my BB660 right now.

It's been my experience to make sure the tank is full before every cut, running out in the middle of a cut leaves an ugly scar when you restart and you risk a lean situation.:cool:

It's been my experience to make sure the tank is full before every cut, running out in the middle of a cut leaves an ugly scar when you restart and you risk a lean situation.:cool:
I usual do 2 cuts on the smaller stuff before fueling. Generally leaves me with about a 1/4 tank depending on all the variables. (But I was rushing that night should have slowed down some) I have learned my lesson about running out mid cut. Lol

I Used my ms660 clone today for a job Just for that job it was worth it Anything after this is a plus

I was pretty amazed how fast it actually cut through some large oak logs It still needs some tuning it was leaning out in the cut so I turned the high jet out a little bit
Just amazing Is all I can say

Back