Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to tell what broke? Have them on all my saws. Maybe it was a bad run. Did you tell them. Was it the rubber that broke?

Most broke where the lower stop is molded to the elastomer. It seems like there was no slack in the line between the upper and lower stops. I sent 40 or so back but still have another 10-20 sitting around.

20170323_201041.jpg

Most broke where the lower stop is molded to the elastomer. It seems like there was no slack in the line between the upper and lower stops. I sent 40 or so back but still have another 10-20 sitting around.

View attachment 594939
They should know about it then. The ones on my 440 and 380 are working guess I should slow down on the 660 until I am sure again.

It appears my fuel line is oriented in the handle correctly. Next step is to look I the tank.
c47477e7b14d23f6651294fbf20fe423.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I think I found my problem. It's hard to tell in the picture but the filter is sitting at about a 60 degree angle up the back side of tank.

The bottom of the picture is the verticle side of the tank where the handle is.
ea755a8f76ef6e6c1f213284cd00a703.jpg

PM me your address and I'll send you a couple to try.
I believe ya. I was talking about speaking up so they could fix it. A 660 pulls fairly hard. That could have something to do with why my two survived.

It appears my fuel line is oriented in the handle correctly. Next step is to look I the tank.
c47477e7b14d23f6651294fbf20fe423.jpg

If your filter which of course is attached to your line was out of place inside your tank when you had your saw on its side while milling that was what I was referring to. As your tank of fuel depletes it can suck air and cause problems. Easy to happen on a new build.

So keeping that tank full as possible is good insurance

I think I found my problem. It's hard to tell in the picture but the filter is sitting at about a 60 degree angle up the back side of tank.

The bottom of the picture is the verticle side of the tank where the handle is.
ea755a8f76ef6e6c1f213284cd00a703.jpg

That's it

If your filter which of course is attached to your line was out of place inside your tank when you had your saw on its side while milling that was what I was referring to. As your tank of fuel depletes it can suck air and cause problems. Easy to happen on a new build.
Yep I just posted a picture of my filter showing exactly what you explained. Lol. I will have to get it fixed before I mess the saw up to bad. But first I'm pressure/vac testing it tomorrow hopefully. My mityvac is suppose to be here tomorrow

I mentioned it earlier and was not sure I was clear. Glad you stopped and looked. Good luck on your pressure testing. Great insurance.

I pressure and vacuum tested my HZ660. It looses 1 psi of pressure in 1min 30 sec and it looses 1 inHg in the same time. Is the exeptible?

c16851a704e80d2b4ae3af09184cc15f.jpg

When your fuel is empty, blow out the line of remaining fuel and test it. You can even test your carb.

Sorry the tank is perfect passed the tests with flying colors. Those numbers are for the engine.

Sorry for the slow response. Here's a side-by-side comparison. That's a Huztl on the left, Hyway in the middle and OEM on the right. All new from the package.
View attachment 595173
Dang that nails it. I will just order an oem. I have a farmertec installed. I just finished my new 660. I can wait a bit longer. That was very helpful for us all on the. Poof's in the pudding.

The wrap handle requires 3 hands and a rubber hammer to install. It got slightly out of whack on the ride over. But it's right now. A reminder when buying the huztl brake handle you do not need to buy a different brake handle theirs is the one you need, got the right slant.

IMG_20170811_152009.jpg

Latest posts

Back