Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plans...what plans. I need this saw about as much as I need a hole in my foot. I do like to tinker with saw though. Most saws I tinker with are dirty, cheap, and don't work. I have property up in Northern MN. Fortunately for me, we had a big straight line wind storm in July and I have about two dozen 20 inch Dia Aspens and Firs waiting for me. Most of the Aspens are snapped off about 15 feet up, still connected.

Both my 56mm and 54mm cylinders look good. The 56mm has nice smooth edges on the ports and the ports look symmetrical. It does have a small pit in the cylinder wall between one of the transfer port's inlet and outlet. It is maybe 1/2 mm in size. I don't think I am going to worry about it. The 54mm cylinder doesn't have any pitting but the transfer port edges do have some casting ridges that I probably will smooth out.

I'm going to build it with the 56mm kit. I slipped the piston into the cylinder and with the top of the piston fully up against top of the cylinder, I have about 20 mils of freeport gap under the piston skirt in the exhaust port. I figure if I get over 20 mils of squish I should be golden!

Both my 56mm and 54mm cylinders look good. The 56mm has nice smooth edges on the ports and the ports look symmetrical. It does have a small pit in the cylinder wall between one of the transfer port's inlet and outlet. It is maybe 1/2 mm in size. I don't think I am going to worry about it. The 54mm cylinder doesn't have any pitting but the transfer port edges do have some casting ridges that I probably will smooth out.

I'm going to build it with the 56mm kit. I slipped the piston into the cylinder and with the top of the piston fully up against top of the cylinder, I have about 20 mils of freeport gap under the piston skirt in the exhaust port. I figure if I get over 20 mils of squish I should be golden!
Here is a photo of the pit in the cylinder wall on the 56mmView attachment 528432View attachment 528432

Here is the small pit in the cylinder of the 56mm.

Attachments

• 20160929_130145.jpg
    20160929_130145.jpg
    937.9 KB · Views: 86
Ok. My phone hasn't got the memory for video. But I just got back from the soccer game and seen my kit at the door. So I'm starting NOW.im going to build and post it. I'll atleast do the case tonight. It's 10:00 now. No special tools. Just how I done it on that 026 when I was 17. I'm not saying do it like this. But it is a $250 saw. Not a $1300 saw.
When I opened the box the packaging looked good. Opened everything up. The only thing I see looks sub par is the case gasket. So I painted a very fine line of dirko with the gasket. Im heating with a heat gun but the bearing cage is not as tuff as a oem. It will blister easy so be careful. IMG_1899.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did pop the seals out. I'm not using them. They looked like good quality but it adds unnecessary difficulty.

I'm done For today. The chamfering on the cylinder looks like a kid with a pick axe did it. So got to clean that up tomorrow. IMG_1907.JPG

There's a 1/8 shear drop to the transfers. I just had to clean. It really needs a light port and clean up IMG_1907.JPG
job.image.jpeg

The crank was -3. Had it in my deep freezer

The crank was -3. Had it in my deep freezer

I don't find it disconcerting, I've done thermal fitting of bearings several times on other items with similar results.

Got he case together. It just slid right together with a back and forth rocking motion. Oh yeah. I did freeze the crank in its bag. View attachment 528474. I didn't have to pull it together with the bolts. But if you have to you can.

Now wait just a dang second there, your using a Classic Mustang as a parts bench for a $250 saw???

Back