Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I made my first cut today. It was marvelous! 5x faster than my 50cc saw. However, that turned out to be my only cut :(

As soon as I was through, I head something metal spin inside and the saw cut out. After taking the starter cover off i saw that the flywheel nut was loose and so was the flywheel. It seems I didn't tighten the flywheel nut enough. There doesn't appear to be any permanent damage other than it breaking the woodruff key. I'm going to order a couple more and give her another whirl once they come in.

IMG_20161012_144142.jpg

Well I made my first cut today. It was marvelous! 5x faster than my 50cc saw. However, that turned out to be my only cut :(

As soon as I was through, I head something metal spin inside and the saw cut out. After taking the starter cover off i saw that the flywheel nut was loose and so was the flywheel. It seems I didn't tighten the flywheel nut enough. There doesn't appear to be any permanent damage other than it breaking the woodruff key. I'm going to order a couple more and give her another whirl once they come in.

View attachment 531044
Mine did the same thing. My local Stihl dealer is still waiting for one to come in that was ordered early last week. I drove 30 miles to a different dealer to get one. I tightened the flywheel nut much tighter this time. I tried to steal one from some of the chainsaw carcasses that I have but they were all too thick.

I just called and ordered my replacement key. They estimated 3-5 business days. The last one i ordered only took 3 days (the key was missing in my kit so i had to buy oem). Maybe i'll get a nice quick delivery this time too.

I also ordered an e-clip for the brake system (i broke one during installation) along with oem filler caps since mine both seem to leak no matter how much I tighten them.

If anyone was interested the jet size in my carb is a
.62mm
I up it to a .72mm and will tune and cut Friday. The brazil 066 has the .74 along with the old 066 mag. The reason I checked is because with this NWP cylinder with light porting and taking .020 off the fly key I had to go almost 2 turns out on the high side adjustment. Now I'm back to around 1 turn.

I just called and ordered my replacement key. They estimated 3-5 business days. The last one i ordered only took 3 days (the key was missing in my kit so i had to buy oem). Maybe i'll get a nice quick delivery this time too.

I also ordered an e-clip for the brake system (i broke one during installation) along with oem filler caps since mine both seem to leak no matter how much I tighten them.
I must have gotten lucky with the caps. Mine don't leak if I crank them tight.

Yep. I like it and RS. I have no shortage of chain laying around

Hey guys, with the flywheels, 2 things (and I had it happen on an OEM 460):

1) The nut must be very tight, friction holds the flywheel in place, not the key, and;

2) Make sure both surfaces are very clean, or you will have trouble. I often use brake cleaner on them (don't get it on the seal), and a Q-Tip for inside the flywheel.

I got the pieces I ordered for a 440, mainly some fuel hoses and a carbi, they were ordered a week after the saw.

I had the same experience. I do have a delivery date for the 6 saws that I ordered on 9/21, they should be delivered on 10/18.

Where do you plug in the order number in the Hutzel website to get a status?

My mistake I didn't register as a buyer just as a 'guest'.
I bought mine as a guest and never could get a status from the website. I kept getting an order not found response. I finally emailed [email protected] and they responded.

You likely should log into paypal and check shipped status on transaction. Or as suggested Email them.

I think there may have been a email from them after the purchase with a way to track. Can't remember.

Latest posts

Back