Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A kind of 'list' of the AM Clone 660 parts that are poor quality compared to OEM like the chain tensioner etc would be helpful for guys doing these builds. Maybe a few OEM parts could really better these builds possibly. From reports do far, the kits seem to be acceptably good. I'm going to do one and use some OEM parts but still use most of the kit.

I guess the point is that the stuff isn't bad. I've pointed out early on the issues I had with chain adjust mechanism, tank cap rubber seals, decomp, and spotty carbs. Those issues were tangible and I suspect most who don't swap them out will eventually do so. I did have issues with the pull start on the first one, a drop of oil fixed that. Nothing but wood chips since.

A suggested upgrade path to close in on factory built saws might be case seals, intake rubber parts (I use OEM pulse lines ), and possibly a better top end but I'm not certain other than OEM what that would be. I like the 56mm versions. Haven't really seen any of the AM 56mm's that impress me enough to move away from the FT. But I have no failures to report on any of these suggestions, its pure speculation based on instinct, look and feel of the parts.

Having said that, mine are all running just fine and haven't given me a reason to swap out anything but those things I mentioned in the first paragraph to this point. When and if they do..... you know there will be an update video. :)

AND if there are any Huztl/Farmertec folks watching, RAISE the floor of the exhaust port on those 56mm top ends .025in and all free porting issues goes away with metal to spare for those who would like to tweak a bit...and the port STILL will be level with the piston at BDC within a reasonable tolerance. Of course they might already have done so, the last one I've received was in early 2015. Actually this is as much a cosmetic thing as so far none of the FT 56mm top ends I've seen to this point have enough free port to matter. Not the case with some of the other AM outlets with similar looking castings but the issue is real.

I just spent a considerable amount of time assembling the needed parts order for a 440. There are about 10 small important parts I will have to buy OEM. For some reason the parts off my IPL are different on Huztl website. I had to use both eBay and Huztl and oem to get a complete saw, but i got it. It will cost at least $100 more than the 660 kit

I have a company working on a 381 for me should be ready next week. All the parts are available using 038 and 440 like the coil. It's still in production in South africa. I will be happy with 72cc. With kit costs in line.

Been following this and the YouTube stuff for awhile. Just ordered my 660 kit today. We'll see how long it takes to get to Ohio. I would like to get ahold of them about maybe a ms200t kit... I see they make a good portion of the parts.

I had no luck in getting them to respond to that request. My local stihl guy told me that would be a very hot seller.

I think you can expect a 3 week wait just based on when everyone actually get theirs. I also suspect you could get it sooner if your order comes on a day they are shipping.

A suggested upgrade path to close in on factory built saws might be case seals, intake rubber parts (I use OEM pulse lines )

Interesting. Have you had any of these parts fail, or are you just being cautious? In other places, I have heard not to use AM fuel line, but that all of the other rubber is OK to use. Are you using FT fuel line and filter? and Plug?

I'm also curious about the oil line, as I need to got one for an 034.

FYI, I've used FT impulse line on a few saws w/o issue so far. In fact, on a 029 to 039 conversion, I used FT seals, impulse, and air filter in addition to their P&C. Also, no problem so far with the decomp valve.

Ordered a MS361 kit this morning.

We will see how long it takes to get to Joetown, Missouri.

Thirteen days.[emoji15]
8406d4c07a0a3ac470a3fd92fe5ee84a.jpg

That's damn fine service in my experience.[emoji106]

Inventory next.[emoji848]

I tallied the parts for the 220t today which farmertec makes and besides the fuel tank which is a major section of the saw they don't make 40 other parts. Like the handle is only a shell so you need the complete workings. Still making a large portion. But with the tank and other parts and shipping I bet it would come close to 600$. I recorded the prices except the oem which I don't have access to. So I feel I am close and that's disappointing.

Been following this and the YouTube stuff for awhile. Just ordered my 660 kit today. We'll see how long it takes to get to Ohio. I would like to get ahold of them about maybe a ms200t kit... I see they make a good portion of the parts.

IMG_0102.JPG I tallied up the parts from huzt.net to build a ms440 big bore kit came out at about $500 with shipping the only part they don't make is the carb baffle but I picked up two from my local stihl dealer for $20 a piece now if they only made a full kit for the ts400 I'd be a happy man!
On my third 660 kit and ones a big bore I put a stihl carb and poly flywheel and ignition on it and she pulls like a swamp donkey with a 36" bar and full chisel chain on her!

I tallied the parts for the 220t today which farmertec makes and besides the fuel tank which is a major section of the saw they don't make 40 other parts. Like the handle is only a shell so you need the complete workings. Still making a large portion. But with the tank and other parts and shipping I bet it would come close to 600$. I recorded the prices except the oem which I don't have access to. So I feel I am close and that's disappointing.[/QUOTE

Yeah that's too bad it's that much.

I started to unwrap all the parts of the 360. The only part I can't find is the woodruff key, I know they have been missing from other kits. I have looked through all the bags twice and can't find it. I will look again in the morning but may have to go and buy one.

I started to unwrap all the parts of the 360. The only part I can't find is the woodruff key, I know they have been missing from other kits. I have looked through all the bags twice and can't find it. I will look again in the morning but may have to go and buy one.

Stuck to the flywheel magnet?

View attachment 533428 Here's the 660 big bore with the west coast style clutch cover cost a few extra bucks but out here in BC you gotta have it!

Hey I am in BC as well, in Chilliwack. What was your total cost in the end with shipping and the exchange rate? If you don't mind me asking. I am looking to get one myself to build over the winter, but want to know what to expect for cost.

Back