Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that a 56mm? I just finished mine but the carb crapped out after a few minutes of cutting. Had to shave the bottom of chain break handle to clear muffler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice. You must have some big plans for it to pull a 9 pin
Preliminary results are good, pulled it easily in 18inch maple. Has a "New version" 56mm top end. ( I like the old version better like are on my 56mm saws I build last year and the year before & are in the video's. Old version had more meat around the transfers and better casting/machining around the intake ) But continuing the Intake is widened, but the intake timing isn't changed as its pretty aggressive as delivered. Exhaust widened and raised a couple of degrees. With the free port issue on those I couldn't drop the cylinder much. Has that intake from definitive Dave, essentially an old fashioned intake horn. Muffler is gutted & outlet x-sectional area equals about 90percent of the exhaust port. Set no load at 13,500 because its happy there according to the sparkplug. SO we will see if its lasts. Its pretty snappy. And really loud. Might see if it responds to a little more advance on the ignition timing and after that maybe a finger port concept adding x-section to the transfers to let it rev a littler more.....but its not bad for a $400 dollar project! Bet its got more power than any other $400 dollar option out there!

Preliminary results are good, pulled it easily in 18inch maple. Has a "New version" 56mm top end. ( I like the old version better like are on my 56mm saws I build last year and the year before & are in the video's. Old version had more meat around the transfers and better casting/machining around the intake ) But continuing the Intake is widened, but the intake timing isn't changed as its pretty aggressive as delivered. Exhaust widened and raised a couple of degrees. With the free port issue on those I couldn't drop the cylinder much. Has that intake from definitive Dave, essentially an old fashioned intake horn. Muffler is gutted & outlet x-sectional area equals about 90percent of the exhaust port. Set no load at 13,500 because its happy there according to the sparkplug. SO we will see if its lasts. Its pretty snappy. And really loud. Might see if it responds to a little more advance on the ignition timing and after that maybe a finger port concept adding x-section to the transfers to let it rev a littler more.....but its not bad for a $400 dollar project! Bet its got more power than any other $400 dollar option out there!
I think we need a video lol

So all in all what do yal think about the huztl kits? I'm thinking seriously about ordering one on payday. Would like to do the 372 but from the previous post says the quality of them is not as good as the 660 kits even though they have there share of issues. I've never built a saw from scratch . Which one would be easier to learn on?

So all in all what do yal think about the huztl kits? I'm thinking seriously about ordering one on payday. Would like to do the 372 but from the previous post says the quality of them is not as good as the 660 kits even though they have there share of issues. I've never built a saw from scratch . Which one would be easier to learn on?

MS360.

Well I've gone through my 260 360 440 complete tare down and rebuild from the crank up and built a 660 kit as well ...... pick whatever flavor you want the stihls are all about the same just bigger or smaller ...... the 361 is by far my fav saw it handles 90% of the ground work

I've only run a 362, very impressed by it. But the 361 is twice as complicated as the 360. Good lord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is necessary to wear a chain and fill fuel and oil.
And to go into the woods ... BRUUUUUMMMMMMMMM .....

Attachments

• 20161205_100355.jpg
    20161205_100355.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 57
Might be they are looking at the difference between the older saws like the 390, 046, 066 even MS460, MS660 vs. the "1's" like 391, 461, 661. The 441 reminds me of a cross between a Husqvarna and Stihl..... a mish mash but I like them.

390 would be totally different being a happy homeowner peice. But could someone please explain what makes the 361 so different from the other pro series ???

441 had some pretty bad problems when used everyday on a logging outfit. Not everyone did but enough to pull the model

The 880 adjuster gear came in today. I don't have my case with me but it looks promising.
9c83864a0cb56fa35139c2902a3e9a5c.jpg

Huztl
21d9d69781a625f429cf6f65a8783b30.jpg

Love those old bullet proof 390's, (and that entire era of Stihl's) even though they are classified as homeowner, I've seen more than a few as "skidder" saws. Their rubber doughnut anti vibe allows a rod style "old school" Stihl throttle/choke/on off switch arrangement. The Husqvarna style "spring" anti vib system on the 391 and new saws had Stihl go to these goofy throttle deals where its like a rotating rod pushing on the throttle linkage... and the saw end of that throttle rod sits in a plastic bearing surface.....:0 Had a guy come in who was using one in his operation complaining it had lost power....and it was only a year old! I found that throttle deal had worn right into the plastic so it couldn't get to full throttle. :( I took a roll pin with a large enough ID and did a little die grind work & epoxied it into that ruined plastic. I believe it's still making chips as I never heard more about it. I don't know what other new Stihl models have that same throttle arraignment, but I made an edict....only taking on new saws I'm familiar with. All others I will tell the guy bring it back to the dealer...its a hobby for me and I don't want the head aches.

The 880 adjuster gear came in today. I don't have my case with me but it looks promising.
9c83864a0cb56fa35139c2902a3e9a5c.jpg

Huztl
21d9d69781a625f429cf6f65a8783b30.jpg

I HOPE that will retro! I have one right now with the Chinese adjuster I expected and it does have issues. If that's yet a better solution than just going OEM 660, that's a very good thing to know! I'll buy 6 of those gears right now. :)

Latest posts

Back