Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as the shipping, I just received my 2nd MS660 today. Ordered it on Jan 3rd and 9 days later it was at my door! The first one took 10 days total. This 2nd one looks a littler more beat up? The box was damaged on one end and some of the parts are scratched up. The handle assembly, one corner got chipped.

The Chain brake assembly I bought a Stihl chain link lever to compare the two. The Stihl chain link lever works perfect with the kit handle and all the rest of the parts, no "redneck mods" needed. They look very close as far as parts go, but the geometry is different and that does make all the difference. I have a pic of both of them on a piece of paper with grid lines and if you look closely, the link position on the Stihl part "A" is about in the middle, on the Farmertec it a bit more towards the top. Also it looks like on the Stihl part "A", that arm is slightly longer? Farmertec suppliers need to disassemble a Stihl chain brake lever, measure every feature and copy the geometry exact.

Pics didn't transfer. Here's his pics.
72700b2c8373dbd8a3c685128bb54e3d.png
0c7832f1115d4aaff30c8521b4054c36.png
d56b57addd42f181752c25402d460bf5.png

The kit that I got won't engage the brake. I was reading some past posts and was thinking it might be because of the mechanisms pivot points and the oem one will solve this?

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk
I do have exactly save issue, it does not engage at all.
From what I I read on this post OEM should fix this.

Envoyé de mon SM-G361F en utilisant Tapatalk

Quick question for the motor cover, it seems that I am missing these parts (should be inserted in motor cover)

Am I wrong ? Do you have teh same, never seen any discussion about that
http://www.lsengineers.co.uk/bushing-stihl-part-no-0000-963-0808.html

Pierre

Those grommets haven't been in any ones kit. Seems to be a toss up. The grommets keep you from over-torquing and cracking the plastic but on the other hand replacement cylinder covers are cheap. That said, I've put them in all the ones I've built.

So does the chain brake link need replaced with oem or has anyone made a fix for it yet? I recall reading earlier in the post that people where having to shave off some of the plastic handle, or is this unrelated? I also thought someone mentioned they had to put a rivet in something or the other, or drilled something out related to the chain brake. I don't have my notes with me today.

As far as the top cover grommets go, I found these at the local ace hardware in the bulk bins. I can't remember the size, but I found them in the drawer labeled aluminum spacers. They fit snugly into the plastic and are just a hair longer than the plastic is thick. Works great.
0120170714.jpg

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

So does the chain brake link need replaced with oem or has anyone made a fix for it yet? I recall reading earlier in the post that people where having to shave off some of the plastic handle, or is this unrelated? I also thought someone mentioned they had to put a rivet in something or the other, or drilled something out related to the chain brake. I don't have my notes with me today.

It's a crap shoot. I've seen them work fine and had the problem with the chain brake handle hitting the muffler on both 660's and 440's (170, 290, 310, 390, 361, 440, 460 & 660 use the same link). Seems some are choosing to carve the handle rather than replace the link. You gotta try it and see for yourself and at the same time have an oem link just in case.

My kit was 30 minutes from the house at 0400 this morning, so hopefully if it comes in today my wife can bring it by the station so I can start rummaging through it. There is a stihl dealer literally right next door to where I work but I hate going there. Guess I'll suck it up and see if he has one.

I had a little time this morning to start on my last kit that was ordered in late Sept. I got the case built then started cleaning up on the cylinder. The chain brake on this one works Fine. All I got left is install the Carb, Handle and muffler. It Passed press/vacc test and compression was good at 170psi without the gasket.
eee8614fd934865ff7a220f5ef77ff1e.jpg
1b750ff05360c9ec02c6417ad6bb3076.jpg

On that foil tape. On most my saws because that foil isn't cheap even for me I usually cut a piece of header wrap and dirko it down. Never had one come off
c4c7dd4104e54de644ef4efee774f826.jpg

It might be just me but.......I would not show OEM parts next to whoever produces a copy of an OEM. Describing the differences etc. would be acceptable, not pictures. Just my $.02.

Smoke what's your reason for that. Comparison is part of life

It's not like you are comparing pee pees

Latest posts

Back