Huztle MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well some of them are interchangeable. I don't know enough to provide any help. I know that much. If the piston with rings fits you just need the correct circlip. I think they have become aware that training is important. I have the most bizarre story over hlsupply and circlips. It's not just the Chinese they screw them up..Trust me

Typical cross contamination of parts bins.

Look at MS360 IPL next.

Edit:
MS360 calls for 10mm x 6mm x 32mm wrist pin.

If Farmertec sends me a piston w/11mm pin bore then the crank isn't going to work as the small end is sized for a 10mm bore needle bearing.

WTF!

It sucks it's slowed you down. Circlips and woodruff keys are always on hand for me.

Since we are dead in the water on 361 #2 I've turned my attention to 361 #1.

It has developed a 'dies in the cut' issue. Maybe fuel delivery or the PTO crankshaft seal.

I replaced the seal as the original looked 'puckered'. Checked the cylinder bolts. And replaced the crap paper muffler gasket with OEM.

Checked comp at 160 psi. [emoji106] has maybe 20-30 minutes run time on him.

The only Echo saws I've taken apart lately were smaller top handle saws which definitely had smaller wrist pins and clips. A bigger Echo saw might have a clip that would fit a Stihl.
Echo 600P pin is 11mm. The clip is 0.78mm diameter. The 590 is the same. I do like these style clips. Just pinch them together and insert. Really nice for taking back out. I just happen to have a 600p apart while I wait for missing parts for my Farmertec ms440...

Attachments

• 20170122_114812.jpg
    20170122_114812.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 20170122_115016.jpg
    20170122_115016.jpg
    702.5 KB · Views: 17
I got a email 2am eastern this morning about a order I placed on a elaso handle. I didn't enter my city and Lynn emailed asking

Yeah, I used to work on cars quite a bit and those type circlips are much easier to install and remove plus the shorter ends wouldn't be prone to breaking like the aftermarket ones.
I've seen these type aftermarket clips take out engines, the ears tend to break off and trash piston and cylinder. It's well documented if you look.:cool:

Latest posts

Back