Huztle MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My carb was helped a bit by switching to a rubber fabric pump diaphragm.

While it wasn't an exact match my leather punch did the trick.
7fe2e14df959b901e1ce48662d6fb934.jpg

Top: rubber fabric
Middle: plastic that it came with
Bottom: Mylar fabric all kits seem to contain of late

Has anyone identified this "rubber" material?
Seems like I recall some of the guys, in the Poulan sticky thread,
were looking for something to replace some oiler diaphragms.
But I lost track of what their results were.

With laser cutters being a tabletop tool nowdays....
I'm just thinking that if someone were to find that material,
That should improve the chances of getting some diaphragms made.

I finished an ms390 rebuild and I rage quit the johnsered 2159t I've wasted 25 hours on. 361 is gonna get started this week, but of course there is Thanksgiving. Gonna get some trees cut up and eat food, not much saw building time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oven worked slick, flywheel side dropped right in and clutch side got 90% on. Finished it off with the screws. Got to center it yet, why does it need to be a brass hammer? I need a feeler gauge to measure if it's center.

Brass is softer than steel and won't deform the item being struck. You should still be careful as it is possible to break off the end of the crank where it's machined for the e-clip. It doesn't take much to move it side to side, I'd call it a light to firm tap vs. a hard tap.

Oh, and you can eyeball it a lot closer than you think. Eyeball it and measure with a thick business card and you'll likely be just fine...

I think Stihl missed an opportunity to make this saw more complicated...not. This is so much worse than the 036.

Where did you guys find the c clips for the chain break assembly? I can't find the two.

I think Stihl missed an opportunity to make this saw more complicated...not. This is so much worse than the 036.

Where did you guys find the c clips for the chain break assembly? I can't find the two.

In with the rest of the chain brake parts. Look in the corner of the plastic bag.

I put the tiny parts in an old 35mm film can. Flywheel key being one of them.

That thing was a pita for sure. I'm trying to locate the tank vent, where did they stash it?

3 hours later and I've done all I can. Lacking more than a few key parts. All the same issues as driver plus I lost the clips for the chain break.

c84db142d0d973c729b86ee7f9c79608.jpg

The choke seems to function correctly. I kept all the bags and went through them twice, no dice, searched the floor and nothing. I also didn't get any rubber grommets for the top cover. Can't even find a part number for them on media cat.

There is a set of grommets in the IPL. It is for the top cover. These grommets are not availible as seperate item. But they can be ordered as a set (1135 007 1003) It consists of part 4-9 in the IPL.

The choke seems to function correctly. I kept all the bags and went through them twice, no dice, searched the floor and nothing. I also didn't get any rubber grommets for the top cover. Can't even find a part number for them on media cat.

I guess I was lucky that nothing was missing.

Check your local auto parts store and Ace Hardware for the tiny 'E' clips.

And, inspect the carb guts. A stiff metering lever spring will give a no start situation.
6d2f790b721346a2606ba510ae1835e2.jpg

Latest posts

Back