I Built a Forced Air Outdoor Stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to update you guys on how the stove performed over the winter overall. It worked pretty darn well, I still remain disappointed in the fan output. I am considering upgrading the blower this summer. The stove knocked about $640 off my total heating bill this winter

I ended up burning lots of in the stove in February during some cold snaps. The fire burned all night and then some with it. I've been burning coal from a seam that has been tested as one of the hottest burning seams in the world...so protecting the stove from getting overfired took some work. We've been using the heatpump the last 2 days since we've been in the 60's in the day and 40's at night, and the family already misses the super warm heat we've grown to love.

You need a "heat dump" from the upper duct in case the power goes out? So the furnace doesn't overheat.

You need a "heat dump" from the upper duct in case the power goes out? So the furnace doesn't overheat.

Yes, that would be nice. Not sure how to go about making it though for this stove though.

Yes, that would be nice. Not sure how to go about making it though for this stove though.
Heat dump would be a fusible link that melted when the temp got too high & possibly overheat/warp the furnace. Foremost, I think you'll have to replace the elbow with a tee & figure out how to get the top of the tee to open when furnace overheats.

Latest posts

Back