I Have Sinned....... Cut Dirt.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blowncrewcab

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My new neighbor called and had his new sidexside stuck, He had a Cedar stump stuck up in his rear suspension. I had to use a floor jack to jack it up then cut the stump out from underneath... His saw wouldn't start so I used my Snellerized 346xp to cut the stump through the dirt.... Sad Sad Moment... There was a Rooster tail of Dirt that shot him in the face :) I'm gonna take it apart and clean all that out before I use it again... was a fairly new Stihl Chain :(

Oh man i feel your pain!!!!!! I had to cut a tree and stump to free my jeep. I was more sad for the saw.

Only problem is the junk ones were not big enough and they usually piss me off before i finish what i have to. This case i didnt have another safe choice to use.

My new neighbor called and had his new sidexside stuck, He had a Cedar stump stuck up in his rear suspension. I had to use a floor jack to jack it up then cut the stump out from underneath... His saw wouldn't start so I used my Snellerized 346xp to cut the stump through the dirt.... Sad Sad Moment... There was a Rooster tail of Dirt that shot him in the face :) I'm gonna take it apart and clean all that out before I use it again... was a fairly new Stihl Chain :(

neighbor should buy you a new chain.

Just throw some corn or pumpkin seeds in the trench, cover over & recoup your losses when you harvest. LOL
Tansk

Compressed air through the bar rails and inside clutch cover, resharpen chain and find nicer friends:). We have all been there once with your most polished ported saw in hand, having to sever a tree root or something. The dirt rooster tail is not anyones friend.

I would have given him a hand saw and told him to drop it off when he was done. No need to drag out a macho saw to fix his problem, let him do the work so he understands bonehead moves come with a cost.

Been there, done that. I didn't jack the thing up tho... I just kept whittling the stump until the truck could drive off it:chainsaw:
any bloke can clip a rock, I clipped the differential... :oops:

"No good deed goes unpunished."

I wouldn't ever try to run a chainsaw under a car/truck supported by only a floor jack. Too many bad things could happen. Glad no one was hurt and no damage to the truck. A little dirt on your chain is the price you paid for experience.

Back