I Just Got Divorced

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
I used to be married to my stove feeding it wood every time I turned around with a max burn time of 5 hours, waking up to a stone cold shack.
For 16$ I bought a 5/8" door gasket and replaced it for the existing 1/2" gasket, now I get a 10 hour burn.
I know it sounds elementary, but it's 20 below F here now and it's 62F inside.
In fact I didn't know it was 20 below till I heard it on the news.
Nothing nicer than being warm and comphy with a cup of coffee in a shack when it's cold and dark outside.
John

Hello,
Don't just put your sweaters away too soon.......62 isn't very warm......however, a lot warmer than 20 below !!!! Glad you're warm !!!!!!

Henry and Wanda
The inside temp rose to 68 now, maybe because the candle I'm burning. Only problem I only have 10 sticks of 12" spruce left.

Where do you live that has these constant cold temps. I'm a bit jealous.

Good work on making the stove a bit better

It's amazing how fixing a leak can turn an unruly PITA into a nice, mild mannered, controllable....source of heat. My Hearthstone Heritage had a warped ash pan door from the factory. I had to be careful about over firing right from the start, and it took me awhile to figure out the cause. It's really hard to actually see down around the bottom corner of the ash pan. Then I had a problem getting the dealer to do anything about it. They wouldn't come and look at it, or give me an idea of what I should do. I ended up removing the whole ash pan assembly and plunking it right on the desk in their showroom. They finally ordered a whole new assembly. I had to replace the gasket, and do all the work myself, but what a difference. Now, there are no more surprises. I can load up, set the air control, and forget about it for awhile.

It's amazing how fixing a leak can turn an unruly PITA into a nice, mild mannered, controllable....source of heat. My Hearthstone Heritage had a warped ash pan door from the factory. I had to be careful about over firing right from the start, and it took me awhile to figure out the cause. It's really hard to actually see down around the bottom corner of the ash pan. Then I had a problem getting the dealer to do anything about it. They wouldn't come and look at it, or give me an idea of what I should do. I ended up removing the whole ash pan assembly and plunking it right on the desk in their showroom. They finally ordered a whole new assembly. I had to replace the gasket, and do all the work myself, but what a difference. Now, there are no more surprises. I can load up, set the air control, and forget about it for awhile.
makes you wonder,,about ANY quality control they MAY have had..............and glad you were bold enough,,to lay it in front of them,,and push the issue.....

I better go and get some wood!
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
February 2

February 3

February 4

February 5

February 6

February 7

00.gif
00.gif
00.gif
00.gif