I know whats on my bench,so whats are yours 1/24/2015

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to box up all the new plastic and other parts to send to Randy (should of bought that real nice 262 in the trading post). Have to do some switching of plastic on two 394's and take the stock one mount it on the Lewis winch, slap the bar and chain on my "new" crazy 394, put on the cold weather kit, put together the Stihl gas drill, tune it for cold running, then get ready for running upriver to look at what logs and stumps I can put in the truck.

Not the bench but we've already derailed.
07b6bbfd0084f63a02359d9bd17d2a6b.jpg

Helping the FIL change teeth on the mill today

Super XL Homelite waiting for a muffler I ordered then a little Echo 330EVL. These are very dirty right now but plan to clean them up next week. I clean them outside the garage so weather has a bit to do with it. This was the first time in a long time that I haven't had a Super XL in my arsenal so I latched onto the first one that was for sale around here. It's got that grimy stuff all over it so the paint should be unhurt and should shine up okay. Got a slightly scratched piston but I think I'll leave it alone since it starts and seems to have good compression. I run them a little rich anyway.
I have had my 330EVL since 1987 .....(16" setup)........ it has had about 1000 tanks through it and last year (or the year before, I forget) I put new meteor and caber rings in it and sent the cylinder out for a squish and base cut, then ported it myself.

She never gave me an ounce of a problem untill I wore out the piston and rings, then she just lost a little power.

She blew 170 after assemble and now is just shy of 180 and 4 strokes @ 13,500

Great little lightweight saw

l went vintage saw shopping over the weekend and met a fellow in a McDonalds carpark with the intention of buying a tidy Partner R-16 but the guy also brought a Solo 640 and it was a pretty little thing so l did a deal on the pair. The missus had an interesting look on her face when watching me walk back to my car with two saws instead of one. Can't wait to dig into this partner, my guess its a mid 1960's saw and its full of good stuff, Tilly carb long stoke jug, no av at all.....it runs and l like it.

What do u use for the final clean up and polish in the ports?
That's essentially how it came off the saw with the exception of cleaning the carbon outta the exhaust port. I haven't stuck my tool in the transfers yet. Probably won't either. That jug makes a lot of power as is (10mm).
I use a 1/8" home made split mandrel and use 80, 220 & 320 grit.

For a solvent I just use the dollar store LA's Totally Awesome. Just don't leave it sit too long, aluminum doesn't like it.
And make sure to rinse real well when you're done. I have found this stuff to be just as good, if not better than Purple Power and at a fraction of the cost.

I have had my 330EVL since 1987 .....(16" setup)........ it has had about 1000 tanks through it and last year (or the year before, I forget) I put new meteor and caber rings in it and sent the cylinder out for a squish and base cut, then ported it myself.

She never gave me an ounce of a problem untill I wore out the piston and rings, then she just lost a little power.

She blew 170 after assemble and now is just shy of 180 and 4 strokes @ 13,500

Great little lightweight saw
That's good to hear. I've not started on mine yet (I tend to do the easiest projects first) but hope to start on it in the near future. I think mine showed about 90 psi or less so it'll need taking apart.

That's good to hear. I've not started on mine yet (I tend to do the easiest projects first) but hope to start on it in the near future. I think mine showed about 90 psi or less so it'll need taking apart.

Mine was new with under 100 .......... its how they leave the factory. I changed the piston and rings when it fell below 80#

Mine was new with under 100 .......... its how they leave the factory. I changed the piston and rings when it fell below 80#
Mine won't start when you put a bit of fuel into the carburetor or in the sparkplug hole. It seems to have good enough spark so I assumed it was the compression. I'll check it out again in a few days..

I raced 2 strokes for years and bought my first 4 stroke this year. im riding an rmz450 and well its not a kx250 but im learning to really like it. the crf250 is just something to fix and sale.

I went that direction 2t (partially )over to 4t years ago and now mostly back to 2t. I still have a more 4t's than 2t, but the 2t get ridden more

I went that direction 2t (partially )over to 4t years ago and now mostly back to 2t. I still have a more 4t's than 2t, but the 2t get ridden more
Can you give me some informations for the tool that pull the shaft , its a oem , or something else ?
thanks

I've got a ms460 that ate a recoil cord. Need to take it apart to see why. Looked like it had a burn Mark from rubbing.

Looks like I'm going to be getting a new 562 to sit next to it soon.
Just replaced my recoil spring and starter rope. You could say things are getting pretty serious.

Latest posts

Back