I made some chain vises

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,

I am curious about your design, and can only see it from the photos, so I took the liberty of labeling a few parts on the attached picture.

I am assuming that the vise consists of just 3 milled pieces ('A', 'B', and 'C'), plus the fasteners?

Can you explain the 'blood groove' on the bottom' (arrow)? Is this just an 'open-faced bar groove' for the drive links (and any filing debris)?
I wasn't sure if the curved profile was just an artistic flair, or if it had a specific function.

Thanks.

Philbert

attachment.php

Count me in for the next generation design. Can you PM me a price?

Thanks,

Waylan

Me to was going to order one of the G2's but might have to wait on a G3 these are progressing like cell phone's. as soon as one is designed it is out dated.:rock::rock:
PS Can You Pm me the price for the new G3 also. Wing nuts should be enough.

Last edited:
Mike,

I am curious about your design, and can only see it from the photos, so I took the liberty of labeling a few parts on the attached picture.

I am assuming that the vise consists of just 3 milled pieces ('A', 'B', and 'C'), plus the fasteners?

Can you explain the 'blood groove' on the bottom' (arrow)? Is this just an 'open-faced bar groove' for the drive links (and any filing debris)?
I wasn't sure if the curved profile was just an artistic flair, or if it had a specific function.

Thanks.

Philbert

attachment.php

Arrow on the left is the chain entrance groove, arrow on the right is ramped so chain runs out smoothly if the vise is verticle!

Were also all grateful for your concern.

Now knock it off, you may be kidding but I'm starting to take it as being insulting.

My hands hurt like hell most all the time Mark. If these young bucks are lucky enough to live to be a greybeard they'll understand then.......

I would like one if you are making a list. The latest design will be fine. I am a mechanic for a livin, so to be able to turn wrenches for the next 30 years I better do all I can to be as easy as I can on em. :msp_wink:

Last edited:
I made this one several years back. It works fine. I used half inch phenoic material because I have a lot of it. I used four roll pins to keep it aligned.

Back