I Needed Some 2x4's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawyer Rob

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
SO, I headed off to my woodlot to cut down a couple 24" wind damaged white pines, then cutting the logs out of the tree's and skidding them out,

standard.jpg

With that done, I loaded one log onto the mill bunks and took a slab off, and also couple 1-5/8" thick "flitches",

standard.jpg

Then turning the log and repeating the above, until I had a "cant" that I split, then rolling the two together,

standard.jpg

Next i started taking two 2x4's off with each cut, and once I milled some of the 2x4's off, I put the "flitches" back on, that I had first milled off the log, using the "cants" as a "backer",

standard.jpg

edging them into wider lumber...

Anyway, here's the eighteen 2x4's I milled out of the first log,

standard.jpg

and here's the wider 2x lumber I milled out of the "outer flitches",

standard.jpg

The widest one is a 2x14...

AND here's the slab wood, all of it get's cut into firewood,

standard.jpg

I'll get that second log milled S :) :) N too...

SR

One of the reasons I needed the 2x4's is, I wanted to add a "sticker" rack to my mill shed, so I loaded what tools I'd need on the Kubota and headed to the mill,

standard.jpg

I looked through the 2x4's, picking out the lowest grade and cut them into the length pieces I needed, and screwed them into place,

standard.jpg

and loaded stickers into it,

standard.jpg

I'm happy with how it came out, it will hold a LOT of stickers!

Now onto my next project!

SR

As drilling man you said the 2x4's were for a deer blind.

"I'm going to build another, smaller, elevated deer blind and I needed some 2x4's to get-R-done, so today I headed to my woodlot and skidded out two 24" wind damaged white pines,"

:D Al

lol I don't quite have enough ...yet... SO, I skimmed a few off for my sticker project! Anyway, that's what the second log is for. :) (to make more 2x4's)

SR

Latest posts

Back