I picked the wrong week to stop sniffin glue...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picaso

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for sharing your knowledge and experiences with me. I enjoy and appreciate it. So it's time for a little quid pro quo Clarice. . Ive had a heck of a few days, and I figured Id share with my fellow wood-a-holics. Bear with me.

First day I warmed up by doing a little milling on a 21' pine with the 3120 36" bar in a granberg 60" mill setup (all i had handy) that was a little over 24" wide. Normally I cut them up into 8-10' lengths for my trailer, but trying to take Bob's advice to heart, I decided to slab it in one run since the log was propped up on one end (on a fallen ash). I did a 6" thick top slab (in the pics) first. Going to make 3 outdoor benches from these. I was not quite prepared, since my hand winch didnt have enough strap and my rails consist of a 10' Al ladder. I made due. IMG_6203.JPGIMG_6205.JPG

Then I finally got 2 full days to move some wood for my next milling projects. I had one guy helping me and no equipment except the trusty rollers. Oh, and 3 logs were way too big for my trailer and were dropped off by 2 triaxle dump trucks (48" dbh white oak 14' long 42" white oak 9' long and a 47" dbh maple ), thanks to some very good gentlemen. We moved big slabs, beams, logs you name it. IMG_6210.JPG. My rollers are in the pic - for reference they are 24" wide by 9' long.

I only had a short window to get the stuff moved into my new shop with help and before weather hit so i just had to cram it in there around my neighbors side by side- id rather have piles of dry boards than stacks of wet boards. Im also still moving my tools in so just ignore that.

The next day we also moved over 6,000 bd ft of lumber IMG_6281.JPG, IMG_6284.JPG, IMG_6283.JPG, a truck load of turning blanksIMG_6221.JPG, a truck load of thinner scraps and antique pieces IMG_6223.JPG, 3 trailer loads of very old and wide wormy oak and wormy chestnut (in the 6' tall pile on the right beside my 8' ladder)IMG_6214.JPG

Pictures dont show it all, and I know they aren't all that good of an angle. I guess my arms were too tired to lift this phone up high enough to see it all and do it right. At least you get the idea. Now it's time to go listen to West Virginia Man by David Allen Coe and see what else I can get into - that doesn't involve my arms. or legs. or my body. I guess I found it here on AS if I can just get siri to switch me between threads by my voice alone.

I picked the wrong week to quit drinkin too.

Back