I screwed up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LipDawg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Went to Family Farm&Home today to get some corn and bird seed. Saw their bar oil was on sale for $5 a gallon, so grabbed a gallon on principle. Then noticed the sign that said 20% off Husqvarna saws, Friday only. That meant the 372xp would have been $880 - $176 = $704 plus tax. I'm thinking I should have grabbed that too.

That saw would have been a good deal if you needed one. Our Mills Fleet Farm had a two day sale on bar oil, the all season bar oil was 4.75 a gallon so I picked up 5 gallons, a 20 volt DeWalt Drill and several bags of dog and cat food. Because we were one of the first 250 people through the door today, the wife and I each got a 25.00 gift card for spending $100.00 each. One of the guys purchased five 5 gal pails of Mystik HD Syntheic Blended Oil for 24.99 per pail. I guess he uses this as bar oil and said he has never had a problem. Maybe I goofed because I didn't buy any and it was a two day sale that ends today. Anyone ever use that Mystick HD Blended for a bar oil??

I have used both Mystick and Rotella 15W-40 for a while because i had a lot of extra around after i sold my powerstroke. I used it with oregon bars and chain in my 660 and 290 with no noticible wear on any of my three bars for those saws. The longest of the bars being a 32". I did switch back to using regular bar oil when i finally did run out but hey free oil was free oil. :dancing:

Anyone ever use that Mystick HD Blended for a bar oil??
Not for bar 'n' chain oil... but I use 10w-30 Mystick HD synthetic blend in everything 4-cycle, from my truck to the push mower and everything in between. I've never bought it in 5 gallon pails, usually buy it in 2-gallon jugs. It's the best per-quart price of any oil at our local fleet store. I'll haf'ta look if they have it in 5-gallon pails, and if the price is better buying it that way. However, unless there's a huge difference in price, the 5-gallon pail wouldn't be near as handy as the 2-gallon jugs.

Went to Family Farm&Home today to get some corn and bird seed. Saw their bar oil was on sale for $5 a gallon, so grabbed a gallon on principle. Then noticed the sign that said 20% off Husqvarna saws, Friday only. That meant the 372xp would have been $880 - $176 = $704 plus tax. I'm thinking I should have grabbed that too.
Probably shoulda bought more bar oil.
Other than that, you only got what you needed.

Back