I screwed up...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn_R

Reaction score
So, when I was putting on a new head, I accidentally put the metal / steel circle piece on upside down and because of that, I am not able to tighten the new head nor take it off because the back side of the metal circle piece doesn't have something to catch on... I tried for hours to take the head off but it's just not possible. Any idea on how I can get it off?

Upside_Down.jpg

Take the screw out where you grease the gearbox, put a flat blade screwdriver through the hole and use it to lock the gears. Don't be a gorilla--If you ruin the gears, it gets expensive. Remember the string head has reverse threads--turn opposite way than usual --turn clockwise to loosen!

i have had them come into shop like that i pull the head and the drive shaft. put the driveshaft back into the head get a couple paper towels and pair of vice grips. use the paper tows as a guard around the shaft when you clamp down the vice grips and turn the head off. now i have a tool made out of a drive shaft for that very reason

Latest posts

Back