I'd rather be splitting wood...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never used primer on condiut, nor never seen it used, just for pvc **** pipes.

We did pvc airlines in the shop, no primer there either.
What grade pvc did you use for your airlines? Have you had any problems with splitting or leaking air? That's en excellent idea and cheaper than steel tubing.

We use sch40 here at work for our air pumps. System runs at 120 psi. I prefer sch80 so anytime I am involved it's sch80.

Here's a new compressor going in and the start of the plumbing.

113eacb9e2fe5908aeec685596761279.jpg

Membrane dryer should be here today so I can finish fitting everything together.

sent from a field

For the airlines, it's scheduled 80 white pvc, either 3/4 or 1" It'seems rated for 300 psi I think.

At home I did it in black pipe, mostly because I had a bunch and 50+ lbs of fittings I got at an auction.

Ya, No....my dogs are trained by invisible wire fence and don't go near the zapping point. Only when they are hooked up to the harness do they even think about crossing the line.
Still had to train them with it, but that took less than two weeks. No wires in the ground, no worries or anything.
It gives them plenty of space to run as it covers an area of about a half acre.
That was the way to go for me and cost about $250.

This is not true..^^^^ primer really isn't a cleaner, its a chemical reaction to soften and open pores in the plastic for the glue to make a good adhesion. Actually the rules of dyed primer are back in place, for years you did not need to prove primer by color. But then people stopped using it and all kinds of problems happening to buildings. So back to colored primer. FWIW.
Most new construction here is using PEX piping now. There is still a market for pvc and cpvc and also copper. The Shark fittings make retrofitting easy.

Latest posts

Back