"Idiots With Chain Saws"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stuff where a complete moron with no appreciation for physics either gets thrown off the ladder, or their car gets squashed, is just plain funny.

But why oh why they insist on dropping like tonnes of wood so close to their houses really is beyond belief.

:)

The stuff where a complete moron with no appreciation for physics either gets thrown off the ladder, or their car gets squashed, is just plain funny.

But why oh why they insist on dropping like tonnes of wood so close to their houses really is beyond belief.

:)

Why make it personal? What did I ever do to you?

On the nerdy end I think that most trees need a few hundred gallons of water each day to make ATP. At 8 lbs a gallon that's a lot of weight just at the leaves.

BR,

~TW
I was going to ask, but didn't want to appear nerdy, how do you calculate the weight of a tree? Per foot x diameter? Is one tree species heavier than another?

I was going to ask, but didn't want to appear nerdy, how do you calculate the weight of a tree? Per foot x diameter? Is one tree species heavier than another?

Not meaning to sound like Plato...I don't know, That's a good question.

But, I can tell you the hybrid poplar when bone dry is about 3% water. I'm not sure how much water a tree can hold in the cellulose, hemicelluose, lignin (xylan/phloem) in the trunk...... but in order to make sugar it needs a lot of water. They pretty much work the opposite of us:
Figure-1-Simplified-equations-showing-photosynthesis-top-and-human-respiration.png

Sorry about the nerdy stuff....I'm going to go drive my car real fast and eat some read meat now :D

BR,

~TW

Not meaning to sound like Plato...I don't know, That's a good question.

But, I can tell you the hybrid poplar when bone dry is about 3% water. I'm not sure how much water a tree can hold in the cellulose, hemicelluose, lignin (xylan/phloem) in the trunk...... but in order to make sugar it needs a lot of water. They pretty much work the opposite of us:
Figure-1-Simplified-equations-showing-photosynthesis-top-and-human-respiration.png

Sorry about the nerdy stuff....I'm going to go drive my car real fast and eat some read meat now :D

BR,

~TW
Don't go yet....
I suppose it would depend also on geographical location, soil, atmospheric conditions, and possibly the age of the tree and whether it is dead, or alive. :D
Density would count, too. An oak, I imagine, would be heavier than an Empress tree.

Latest posts

Back