If you could only have one saw what would it be?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy, I find your & Brads response interesting. I was curious as to what influence a saws "ability for gains" would have on your decision. At age 64, eventually I will find the need for a "one saw system" and both your opinions are highly respected.

I do want a wildthing to toy with they can screem for what they are
I had one up until last year but I decided I'd had enough fun with it and sold it. It did run pretty good and had a great sound to it..I have a shop near me that took one in on trade, may go see what he wants for it. I know he's not gonna keep it because it's behind his shop not in it..

I was sure that I had replied to this thread at one point or another. A quick check revealed that I hadn't.

I've given a lot of thought to a "one saw" plan. I don't have CAD, so I can easily envision just one saw. But, that one saw has to cover a lot of bases.

Later this year, I'm going to be on the lookout for an MS-462 C-M. I feel that this size saw will cover all those bases for me easily enough. Aw yes......the warm and fuzzy feeling of only having to focus on just one saw. :dancing:

Right now I'd pick my Dolmar 421. Good power for its size, built strong and simple, starts easily. It only has a 16" bar but that's all I've needed over the years to inflict all kinds of carnage on trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want a Ms 462 c-m. It would be my first and only saw but since I don't know when or if it will be coming out I might just have to go for the ms 661.

I think a 2 saw plan is more practical unless you like trimming with a heavy saw or bucking a 3 foot log with a trimming saw. Stuff in the middle might not be suitable for extremes of either..I've had trees down and sure would hate to take small and large limbs off with a 372 or something like people have mentioned.

I often need a 28" bar so stock would be a 10mm 044 and ported would be a 372. The 046 is just a bit heavy compared to those two otherwise it would be in the running.

Back