If you were told you could only take one saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because it's a stupid thread. The chainsaw isn't an idol. It's a cheap tool!
How do you figure it's cheap? If it's because you can go buy one for a few hundred bucks I guess you could say that's cheap. But if you look at the millions of dollars maybe even billions it took for research and development since the introduction of a chainsaw I would say it's been a very expensive tool. Why would one ask the question and start such a stupid thread well that's easy. For you a saw is just a cheap tool and out of all the cheap tools out there which one do you think makes you the most money day in day out. For others it might be the history behind such a cheap tool that would make them decide which one they would most want. Or for a chainsaw racer it might be a memory of a old school saw they first raced with. Maybe it's just a materialistic item to some people that makes them ask this stupid question. I do know we all have saws for different reasons and value things differently. I'm assuming that your well aware that not everyone on this site makes a living with a chainsaw right. I would wager you've probably even learned a thing or two from here from someone that doesn't make money with a chainsaw. For me I have a couple work saws that I use to make a little money on occasion then I spend that money on saws I like to collect.

How do you figure it's cheap? If it's because you can go buy one for a few hundred bucks I guess you could say that's cheap. But if you look at the millions of dollars maybe even billions it took for research and development since the introduction of a chainsaw I would say it's been a very expensive tool. Why would one ask the question and start such a stupid thread well that's easy. For you a saw is just a cheap tool and out of all the cheap tools out there which one do you think makes you the most money day in day out. For others it might be the history behind such a cheap tool that would make them decide which one they would most want. Or for a chainsaw racer it might be a memory of a old school saw they first raced with. Maybe it's just a materialistic item to some people that makes them ask this stupid question. I do know we all have saws for different reasons and value things differently. I'm assuming that your well aware that not everyone on this site makes a living with a chainsaw right. I would wager you've probably even learned a thing or two from here from someone that doesn't make money with a chainsaw. For me I have a couple work saws that I use to make a little money on occasion then I spend that money on saws I like to collect.

I love the stihl history I find it very interesting. My family was originally from Germany back in the day.

I'd hate to cut fire wood to heat my house without a chainsaw so it saves me money.

I thought it was going to be the 441RCM, until I got this:
c5c1eb56f77f91018f4e50d332bd0254.jpg

The only way to answer this question is to get at least one of every make and model, and make an informed decision, but then there is no way I'm going to sell the rest of them once I know which one is best, so I'm going to end up with one chainsaw, and a whole lot more as well.I think I like this game!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

Back