If you were told you could only take one saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would take my homelite xl automatic, same as the super xl but with out manual oiler. It has been running strong since 1965 and will probably out last me. They will run on some real crap fuel and are tough and simple. Old school is better.

I've just finished rebuilding an old 044 because a lot of people said it would answer exactly this question and be the best ever. I really like my old 056 mag, but when I fired up the 044 I was impressed. So maybe the 044.....until I get the husky 2100 going again....CAD.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

If the "end" were on the way I can think of other things I'd rather grab than a saw!

Henry Ford made one car for everybody and it worked for him. I wonder if there is a saw that everybody, or at least most people who have more than one saw, has? Like an xl12 or a ms250 or something. Like the nifty 50 Honda of the chainsaw world.made in the millions and used by everybody....That would come close to the question wouldn't it?

Then it has to be a chainsaw with lazers, cause lasers make everything cooler.
Ms880 magnum, with laser mod..........see what I mean?

Well, we might as well make it the rare 10 cubic inch Stihl 090, then put the laser mod and a tuned pipe on it. Go REALLY big or go home!

Back to the point of this thread, The Mac SP125 is a little heavy for brushing, so I would probably have to choose an 82cc Remington PL-55. One saw plan.

262XP for my neck of the woods. Best firewood saw ever made:numberone:
Great choice!!
I choose the 372XP but I almost went with the 262XP its lighter and pound for pound the best saw I have ever owned, I picked the 372XP becuase its almost as desirable as the 262 and you can get parts, as in all the parts!

Great choice!!
I choose the 372XP but I almost went with the 262XP its lighter and pound for pound the best saw I have ever owned, I picked the 372XP becuase its almost as desirable as the 262 and you can get parts, as in all the parts!
Seriously? I haven't got one or run one and I'm a Husqvana fan and I want one but what makes it better for the one than an 044? I'm not fishing for an argument (well maybe a friendly one) but I would like to know

Henry Ford made one car for everybody and it worked for him. I wonder if there is a saw that everybody, or at least most people who have more than one saw, has? Like an xl12 or a ms250 or something. Like the nifty 50 Honda of the chainsaw world.made in the millions and used by everybody....That would come close to the question wouldn't it?

Clearly that's the stihl ms290 best saw in the world.

The whole discussion has been assuming pre mix gasoline is available after the end.
Well, then there will be a HUGE demand for these...
957a7e8623afc118687450654395e9fe.jpg

[emoji23]

Back